Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Changed paper and carbon filter now high tad reading

C

Cpje

Hi I have a van mounted xline system brought in February. Worked fine until this week when I put in new paper and carbon filter now my Tds reading is 0.09 before changing it was 0.02. Why such a leap 

Put on a high water pressure as the company said my pressure was the problem (45psi) and it shot up to 0.27

anyone else had this problem. It only went wrong after changing these two filters. 

No I didn't , first time I have changed them. Now I have done a high psi complete change and changed the resin it has come back down. Just wondered do I need to buy the pump to increase the psi like they are telling me, or will things settle down now I have done a complete rinse through. Or could I have damaged the main filter. 

the auto flushes gave many users problems to start with,mostly because window cleaners tinker with the settings panic when the tds rockets and then fiddle some more,use some tippex and make dots on all the valves etc so if you do tinker you can return it all back to how it was ie line the dots back up.

when you change the pre filters its advisable to disconnect the outlet hose to the membrane and turn the water on to flush all the fine dust and crud out of the pre-filters 10-15 mins should do this,i think your membrane will be fine as the first step in the auto flush is to well,flush for 30mins before switching over to make purer water.

x-line should have provided either a handbook or sufficient training on the day your stystem was fitted for you to keep your investment working as it should.

the thing is mate,all the auto flushes are ian shepards from spring controllers baby,you'll have more luck dropping ian an e-mail asking about booster pumps etc than x-line who should have asked about your tap psi before you spent a few thousand on a stystem and now want a few more quid-probably fitting costs aswell to rectify the problem,i beleive cleaning spot sell the correct booster pump.

heres a link to the auto flush

http://www.springltd.co/products/6/mains-controllers

Back