Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gardiner SLX 25

WCF

Help Support WCF:

THL4KEL

Does anyone use this pole for cleaning gutter fascia and gable ends? Or is it a bit short working reach is 30 ft.

The clx  in my opinion is to whippy for plastic cleans at that height I do have one and also an slx 25 the slx is far better I now use the clean as a spraying lance it's ok for that but that's about it 

Well the SLX 27 arrived and I would have to say I am very pleased with it. Feels nice and light and its a lot shorter collapsed than my other poles. It is such a better thought out pole and it will definitely speed up my jobs. Will do its first big job Friday morning when i have a gutter/fascia/gable end job to complete on a detached property. :)

Well the SLX 27 arrived and I would have to say I am very pleased with it. Feels nice and light and its a lot shorter collapsed than my other poles. It is such a better thought out pole and it will definitely speed up my jobs. Will do its first big job Friday morning when i have a gutter/fascia/gable end job to complete on a detached property. :)

Would you recommend the SLX 27 so far? I have been looking around for a new WFP and the SLX 27 looks a good bit of kit

I have mixed feelings about the length of these two poles. I use the 22 and the 25 and I have to say if I've got the room to manoeuvre, I prefer the longer closed length of the 25, but in restricted areas the shorter closed length of the 22. 

Slx22 covers all my townhouses apart from the one that as skylights I have to put the extensions on for that once a month, 90% of my work the slx18 works perfect, in my opinion everyone should carry the slx18 and a second pole for when needed especially if you are getting old with dodgy shoulder lol.

i also carry an clx4 for my bungalows.

Yeah I'm very happy with it. Its not that long collapsed so fits in van well. If you compare it with the 25 and others its shorter collapsed.

It's light especially compared to what i was using. You can add two sections if you need more length. Makes working over connys a lot easier.

One thing I do know after buying it, I'm not wasting another penny on non Gardener products. Well built fast service and they include good free bits if kit..

I use a 25 SLX for every use and it extends 3 storeys, however I'm thinking of buying a

18SLX for general use on houses for the weight savings.

Just take 2 sections off your SLX 25 and you've got a lighter pole without a lighter wallet

You could do this but it's not recommend, especially this time of year as you remove the electrical insulation on the section you are handling and provide a direct path to ground for electricity. Lightning can strike up to ten miles out from the center of a storm. It's also handy to have a backup pole in case you break one. This has happened to me twice and it's good to be able to just swtch poles without wasting time.

Base sections are. Other standard sections not.
Yes but each extension pole is a base section. So each extension you buy will be insulated, however if you remove sections from the original pole size you bought then they won't be so their is a benefit to buying a smaller pole and extensions to build up.

Back