Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Fan Jets

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Viggers

Hi all, over the last couple of days ive started using fan jets, really like them but crikey do you burn up more water. so thinking about reverting to pencil jets again, shame really as I do like them as it speeds up rinsing massively hey ho.

I was told that would happen, but found that because I could rinse quicker I actually used less. You may find that if you persevere with them that the same will be true for you.

I only do residential work though so that may make a difference.

Replaced my Gardiner fan jets as they keep breaking to xline fan jets. Xline fan jets are  :1f4a9:   don't waste your money  :1f44d: just my opinion incase anyone wants to buy them

Hi, my round is 85% domestic. Trouble is as I'm new to fan jets, I'm still finding myself cleaning like I did with pencil jets and probably going over the top with cleaning and rinsing thus using loads of water. I will give them a few more days to get used to see how it goes, trouble is I'm a bit over the top with my window cleaning and probably do too much scrubbing and rinsing in general. Ive been trading for 10 years now and have a large round and find it difficult to high speed jobs

If you are relatively new to wfp you are probably still in the confidence building stage. I used, and would recommend pencil jets during this stage. Once you have the confidence that allows you to move quickly and be confident in your work then I would recommend trying fans. I tried them early on and really didn't like them. But when I went back to them some time later I found I really liked them, even preferred them. I found the same thing with using a swivel attachment on my brush.

Ive doublefitted my brush. Some windows are **** with fans and some are great! Like to have more than 1 option . 

I also did this for a time.  However, I found that as I became more proficient at using the fans I used the pencils less and less till in the end I wasn't using them at all so now I just have the fans fitted.

I also did this for a time.  However, I found that as I became more proficient at using the fans I used the pencils less and less till in the end I wasn't using them at all so now I just have the fans fitted.
I can fully understand your point ! 

But in my area i work a lot of leaky wooden frames too , and i feel more accurate when avoiding that top-crack with my pencils . Also on really large ( shoplike panes )  i think my pencils give a more effective wave down the glass . 

But fans on a lot of other types is great , must say for me its 50/50pencils/fans .  But each to their own mate !  :1f44d:

I can fully understand your point ! 

But in my area i work a lot of leaky wooden frames too , and i feel more accurate when avoiding that top-crack with my pencils . Also on really large ( shoplike panes )  i think my pencils give a more effective wave down the glass . 

But fans on a lot of other types is great , must say for me its 50/50pencils/fans .  But each to their own mate !  :1f44d:

Yeah, I had a few like that for a time and remember what they were like. Now my round is 95% UPVC or powder coated aluminium frames.

Latest Posts

Back