Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

40 mph winds

K

Keithlons

After 2 days of rain woke up this morning to strong winds. Thought I'm not going to get out again, anyway decided to leave ladders at home and try pole work. Have to say today was the return of my investment in the moerman liquidator. Had to play around a little to get best settings.

Used moerman pole with swivel end on the 1st notch liquidator set at 10 percent. Due to sun on Windows just did straight pull. Job done earned me dinner.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I was able to still use my ladder in the midlands, though a couple more mph and I wouldn,t of considered it.

Have a wagtail I have been practising with at home on a pole. May have to start using it more especially on existing customers except that i like to make sure the frame and sills are wiped down.

Mike I used to use wagtail but with liquidator less detailing anyway. I always put a applicator cloth on end of pole tidy frames and sills. It takes me a little less time than ladders but safer. I'm sure the customers don't mind in bad conditions

I generally use 10" liquidator with the flick on the top, therefore when you go to the window it's in position. After wetting down just flick it back. Then squeegee the glass. I then remove the liquidator and put the wagtail angle adapter on. I put a cloth or applicator mop over it. With this anger easy to clean sills. I actually do a good job and don't need ladders and setting up. I am definitely faster over a period using this pole method.

The benefit of putting the applicator cloth on the wagtail adapter is it fastens on with the velcrow. If I use cloth just put a small clamp to keep it in place.

I was able to still use my ladder in the midlands, though a couple more mph and I wouldn,t of considered it.

Have a wagtail I have been practising with at home on a pole. May have to start using it more especially on existing customers except that i like to make sure the frame and sills are wiped down.
If you use a wagtail on a pole then you should watch wagga on youtube (Christopher Dawber)

He has a good technique with modified wagtails with a detailing tool on the back

No good as a hand tool afterwards but makes a good dedicated pole tool

I prefer the excelerator but used a wag for ages

Thanks for feedback, Am going to adapt my wagtail.

Am thinking of also practicing with one of my moermans on a pole except my handle is the earlier one that doesn,t have the 25degree setting onle straight and 40degree

That will only be good for straight pulls at height due to not being a swivel handle

It does have a swivel but in totally the wrong place to be usefull for pole work

It is for adjusting the angle for awkward windows

Thanks Dave B, saved me a lot of effort finding out for myself the hard way with this handle and scratching my head wondering what I was doing wrong, Cheers

This is the most effective mod ever on a wagtail

@Eric Gilliand will agree

It takes all the strain off your wrists using by hand and is a better angle on a pole

Thanks to @H MAN Herman Wieland

Last edited by a moderator:
8 hours ago, Dave B said:

This is the most effective mod ever on a wagtail

@Eric Gilliand will agree

It takes all the strain off your wrists using by hand and is a better angle on a pole

Thanks to @H MAN Herman Wieland

2o-25° with pivoting squeegee in hand is the 'magic spot'. Like many I was smitten with the genius of the Wagtail concept and for months was reluctant to commit 'Herman's Heresy' :) but once I did the difference in use and hand/wrist/forearm comfort was night and day. All of my handles received the mod. Now that I use Excelerator exclusively the 25° option is the one I use in hand also. Remember that on the shallower angle you don't have the blade at the shallower angle. You raise the handle further away from the glass, stress on the wrist and forearm particularly is reduced and the action overall 'flows'. 

I was the same

Bought the wagtails and didn't want to bend the handles

Best thing i did though

Mike I used to use wagtail but with liquidator less detailing anyway. I always put a applicator cloth on end of pole tidy frames and sills. It takes me a little less time than ladders but safer. I'm sure the customers don't mind in bad conditions

Have just ordered a excelerator handle and will start testing it with my liquidator 10inch channel. Until I have worked it out on a pole will not initially go to the expense of getting the fliq pad. I have Razr red in the channel and will carry on with that while I test I think.

Back