Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pricing advice please

WCF

Help Support WCF:

SkulBlaker

Hey guys, been away from here for a fair bit, snowed under with work/family life.  Anyway, I got the contract to clear the gutters of two care homes and today the general manager came out to ask if would put in a quote for their windows too, someone does it already but is trad and doesn't hold any public liability insurance and this is something that they are clamping down on as a company.  I walked round today and counted 129 windows per each care home.  My plan was to price it as i would a standard house i.e. 8 windows £6 but don't know if i'm selling myself short or pricing myself high as its commercial.  There's a very high chance that if I get this then I'll get the new care home they are taking over too which is near me.  I'm planning to pole the tops and trad the bottoms, purely for the amount of water i can carry.

I'll give an idea of what the pricing is like up here, I'll do a 3 bed semi for £5-£6, a 4 bed detached with conny for £10, and i'm one of the more expensive windys

Standard sized mate, sorry meant to put that in.  I know one of the maintenance guys in there and he asked for me, problem is the guy that does them just now has been doing them for years and his wife is one of the carers in the place so the finance manager is a bit loyal to him which is understandable, but when she heard that the general manager is wanting a clamp down on the public liability and the use of ladders she changed her tone but no idea of what hes charging.

Doesn't matter what he's charging - he hasn't got the right insurance so no doubt he won't have all the correct procedures/RAMS or COSHH in place . Quote your normal price - you already do work for them so you have a clear advantage over others.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Hey guys, been away from here for a fair bit, snowed under with work/family life.  Anyway, I got the contract to clear the gutters of two care homes and today the general manager came out to ask if would put in a quote for their windows too, someone does it already but is trad and doesn't hold any public liability insurance and this is something that they are clamping down on as a company.  I walked round today and counted 129 windows per each care home.  My plan was to price it as i would a standard house i.e. 8 windows £6 but don't know if i'm selling myself short or pricing myself high as its commercial.  There's a very high chance that if I get this then I'll get the new care home they are taking over too which is near me.  I'm planning to pole the tops and trad the bottoms, purely for the amount of water i can carry.

I'll give an idea of what the pricing is like up here, I'll do a 3 bed semi for £5-£6, a 4 bed detached with conny for £10, and i'm one of the more expensive windys
Be a nice contract, equivalent of doing something like 16 houses, without having to travel.

Latest Posts

Back