Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

customer sign up sheet

dasslr1

94 to go
seen a wc on you tube that hands the new customer a sign up sheet .basicly they fill out there name address mob number and email ,and it has terms and conditions on it and the  agreed price on there too . I did a rough one myself and showed other wcs but the general feed back was it was **** and they d be ashamed of doing it . basicly I felt laughed at . but surly it would stop messers . if someone really wanted a wc theyd do it .plus doesn't it look more professtional ???   someone said itll scare people off because its to much commitment but isn't that what you want ??

really ?? I thought it a good idea but honestly been laughed at (that's what it feels like ) most of night on another site .started to doubt myself . I know this is cheeky but could I see what you have on there ?

So basically its a contract, i think its a good idea. You could detail what the customer can expect i.e. that you are insured ect. I'd give them a copy as well. Plus all that info i'd put it in a excel spreadsheet and send them an  monthly email i.e. now for pressure washing/upvc cleaning or special offers gutter cleaning ect.

Think I might develop a form.

So basically its a contract, i think its a good idea. You could detail what the customer can expect i.e. that you are insured ect. I'd give them a copy as well. Plus all that info i'd put it in a excel spreadsheet and send them an  monthly email i.e. now for pressure washing/upvc cleaning or special offers gutter cleaning ect.

Think I might develop a form.
iv put down at the bottom its not a contract and they can cancel anytime .  basicly its for me to get all there info straight away and tell them what I expect from them ie payments no more then 30 days later or charges may be applied we clean in mild rain wind or if weather to bad the next best day ect ect ..id put a pic up but don't want to be laugh at again lolol also IF  worse comes to worse and I have to take them to court due to not being paid I have there full name full address and the fact they seen it and agreed    and might even get them to sign it . but I got shot down on another site saying it was a **** idea 

so anyone who does this please tell me its a great idea lolol hah a

oh I also said that the price is fixed for 12 months but after 12 months I have the right to rise the price    not in them words but you get the picture . that to me tells them there will / may be price increase 

iv put down at the bottom its not a contract and they can cancel anytime .  basicly its for me to get all there info straight away and tell them what I expect from them ie payments no more then 30 days later or charges may be applied we clean in mild rain wind or if weather to bad the next best day ect ect ..id put a pic up but don't want to be laugh at again lolol also IF  worse comes to worse and I have to take them to court due to not being paid I have there full name full address and the fact they seen it and agreed    and might even get them to sign it . but I got shot down on another site saying it was a **** idea 

so anyone who does this please tell me its a great idea lolol hah a
Just depends on how organised you want to be. I'm gonna put on my form one weeks notice if they want to stop using me. 

@dasslr I have something similar maybe not as detailed as yours just general details ,
Name , address, contact details , service providing, price and a signature to consent access to there gardens and agreement etc

I wouldn't worry about other people not liking it or laughing its how you want to present your business and handle customer information.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Nothing wrong with having a customers details some customers maybe against giving up their info but most will freely give their mobile. Although nothing wrong with you writing all the info down in a cheap notebook at the door than presenting a form which may spook some about giving up info.

Save your time and money and just get a notebook the best way to store customer info is on software like Cleaner Planner or Aworka which is far more organised and saves 100's of sheets of paper. 

I use George to store all customers on computer . it was more to make sure the customers not messing about.or if worse comes to worse  ill have all there details if ever I need to take them to court for non payment .

I tried this many times. But succeeded only when the building manager knew me well and she had keys to suites the residents of which would be at work. This was almost 20 years ago. Best wishes getting it to work for yourself.

I'm still in two mind too do it or not . the custys I have now are great ,its the ones that come up it me ,"can you do mine" "oh yeah I can pay over bank transfer "  two -three weeks later .... nothing . a few wc says oh just right it off . I have done in the past but iv got to draw the line somewhere . I guess some wc have got it into there head because it doesn't happen often to just drop it and get on with things.ie its just part and parcel of the job but im sure in no other job would a custy get a job done for free .lol happened again last week quoted a lad 10 er   but itll be 20 this time cos it were filthy .done job ,heard nothing of him no reply ,no one in lol   its a joke sometimes .  

Thomas Higgins will send a letter for you for £3

Worth it just to panic them when they get a solicitors letter

Usually makes them pay up promptly

That is why you need to get their name first

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it. Advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website.

Our website also relies on advertising to keep the doors open and the lights on!

For the best site experience, please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock