Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How many Gutter Clearances you getting

Cristian

As above, how many gutter clearance jobs you guys getting every year for the guys who are pushing them! I have only got a couple so far this year and it seems everyone wants them done for peanuts!!! I'm seriously thinking of selling my vac kit and no longer offering the service now!! 

I stopped doing them years ago and I have never considered buying a vac as the lack of demand for gutter clearance just doesn't warrant it, I made a diy vac set up and got one job in a year so got rid and that was 6-7 years ago 

I bought one, as one customer who has a large conservatory wanted gutters cleared. Im not going to push this service, as its a bit of a first with getting into tight gutters. At the minute i would not sell the vac, as could came in handy n i would have to price future jobs accord to the hassle it involves. I've made about £260 from the vac from 3 jobs, i think i paid about £700ish for mine. 1850wt 40ft carbon fibre poles. From gutter Cleaning systems.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Everyone who wants there fascia cleaning wants there gutters cleaning. Just finished a new build detached this morning. I just say to people check the internet if you don't maintain your gutters and you need to make a claim on your building insurance for a roof issue then the insurance company are within their rights to knock your claim back.. 

We do a lot mainly referrals from existing customers or enquiries from the web site , some people expect you to do it for virtually nothing but some are happy to pay a good price as it's the only way to do it apart from scaffolding, I say to people get a quote for scaffolding and I'll do it for half that cost works a treat as quite often the scaffolding price is £400-600 + they are then quite happy to pay as they would gave to pay someone to empty it as well as that price so they are getting a bargain and we are happy too 

Thanks very much lads for all your feedback on this! Some very interesting points raised, and Pjj that's an excellent point regarding mentioning the scaffolding, I never thought of saying that during a quote! I will continue with pushing the gutter clearances and keep my vac system and try to quote better in the future! 

Cheers

Cristian  :1f44d:

I bought a GutterVac last December. Since January of this year I have cleaned £500 worth of gutters. I paid £550 for the machine so it has nearly wiped its feet after 6 months, and I haven't pushed it really. Autumn is usually a busy Gutter time, the leaves have fallen and folk want them cleared before winter!

When I did a couple of free advert listings a couple of the sales guys got in touch with me to try and get me to subscribe to a paid service. 

During the conversation with (Yell and Thomson Local guys) both discussed the stats regarding people searching via their websites for Gutter cleaners in my area. 

From what they said gutter cleaning is a year round job, the stats were virtually the same throughout each month of the year, same with carpet cleaning and pressure washing just a summer trade based on search status.

I'm hoping the gutters never stop. 

I stopped cleaning gutters years ago,would rather just keep on the glass.

We are quite lucky we are picking up work all the time.I used to pass the gutter work onto another windy but he is not interested now.i have noticed in my area alot of the WC have dropped this service also

i love cleaning upvc and gutter clearing its my favurt add on  :1f911: alltho im flat out on the glass but i find it a bit boring at times 

66548e50a1c01765369ecbd51cb1a750.jpg

i did this dorma upvc clean on friday 2 at the front one at the back was a real treat doing it as i was on the glass all blady week

Its the same in my area, I think most the lads can't be bothered with it because it slows them down on the windows.

they might do there own customers but wont take it on of anyone else

they have that much work

we are picking up graft every day without even canvassing,so happy days

Back