Jump to content
steve garwood

Bye bye litchen

Recommended Posts

MTL property cleaning

What did you use


Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Share this post


Link to post


steve garwood
3 hours ago, MTL property cleaning said:

What did you use


Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

 Pressure washer

Share this post


Link to post
Duncs
  1. thats came up great how many of them jobs are you getting per month steve

Share this post


Link to post
steve garwood
6 minutes ago, Duncs said:
  1. thats came up great how many of them jobs are you getting per month steve

2-3 roughly. I've recently bought a new van so am putting in a few Saturday mornings to re-coup some wedge.

Getting on my nerves now to be honest. I said last year would be my last for Saturdays, but this year is going to be an expensive one so needs must

Share this post


Link to post
Duncs

i,ve tried the same knocking the Saturdays on the heed, but i,m back to the same old

canny go wrong 2-3 can you fit them in ok with your windows

your in the photo mim!!! see your belly

Share this post


Link to post
steve garwood

:4_joy: I like beer!!!

Any massive jobs I pass on to another windie I've become friends with. He just bungs me a few quid for it. 

Monday to Friday is just windows and I'm getting round 6-7 weeks with a helper 2-3 days a week so can only do add ons on Saturdays. I will not do a full day on a Saturday so that's why I pass on big stuff

Share this post


Link to post
Chrisedward
On 6/11/2017 at 00:49, steve garwood said:

 Pressure washer

nice work, just starting a few jobs, what did you charge?   

Share this post


Link to post
steve garwood
3 hours ago, Chrisedward said:

nice work, just starting a few jobs, what did you charge?   

From memory, around 250 I think 

Share this post


Link to post


James Bond

Hi Steve what pressure washer do you use? I'm having lichen problems so I'm wondering what kind of pressure takes it off

Share this post


Link to post
steve garwood
5 hours ago, James Bond said:

Hi Steve what pressure washer do you use? I'm having lichen problems so I'm wondering what kind of pressure takes it off

Briggs and Stratton 15L. I use a turbo lance to blast lichen after spraying a 50/50 mix of hypo all over it

Share this post


Link to post
THL4KEL
1 minute ago, steve garwood said:

Briggs and Stratton 15L. I use a turbo lance to blast lichen after spraying a 50/50 mix of hypo all over it 

Steve how long do you leave it to dwell? 

I just normally get them off with turbo nozzle.. Does take a few seconds though.. 

Share this post


Link to post
steve garwood
6 hours ago, THL4KEL said:

Steve how long do you leave it to dwell? 

I just normally get them off with turbo nozzle.. Does take a few seconds though.. 

I spray then however long it takes to set up my machine, genuinely around 20 minutes 

Share this post


Link to post
steve garwood
6 hours ago, peter rogers said:

Me weapon

IMG_2284.PNG

I like the reel. Something I might have to consider 

Share this post


Link to post
THL4KEL

Do you find you get tingling and deadness in the fingers after using the washer? Did a job this morning and my hand still feels dead.. 

Share this post


Link to post
steve garwood
1 hour ago, THL4KEL said:

Do you find you get tingling and deadness in the fingers after using the washer? Did a job this morning and my hand still feels dead.. 

I have a cable tie on the handle that I slide down and it closes the trigger so I'm not pressing it with my fingers.

I find my back hurts a bit after a day pressure washing, but after a long hot bath I'm fine

Share this post


Link to post


Maund

What are the pros and cons doing this job with a pressure washer vs a softwashing method? Is it just a faster way of getting the job done?

Share this post


Link to post
Pjj
1 hour ago, Maund said:

What are the pros and cons doing this job with a pressure washer vs a softwashing method? Is it just a faster way of getting the job done?

Soft washing is good for house wash downs but for patios paths driveways we always pressurewash them depending how bad they are and what the surface is we pre spray with a hypo mix 4 to 1 let it dwell 20-30 minuets then turbo or fsc rinse job done : the hypo kills algy moss etc and the re growth is slower 

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.