Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

window cleaning charts

WCF

Help Support WCF:

D

Dave Goldberg

hi starting out window cleaning as had my own round 17 years ago can anybody send me any free software or charts or links to stuff that help you organizer your rounds

(on laptop then print it out ) or offer any advice on pricing  in general i have been watching utube videos

hi starting out window cleaning as had my own round 17 years ago can anybody send me any free software or charts or links to stuff that help you organizer your rounds

(on laptop then print it out ) or offer any advice on pricing  in general i have been watching utube videos

Grab George window cleaning software before the site closes. £50 for a 1 off fee.

http://www.georgesystems.co.uk/

George is going to become obsolete?

@spruce

what will this mean for current users?
There was an announcement on the other forum yesterday.

George software.

Hi Guys

We will be closing down the old Internet Backup server in a few days.

Please make sure you are running the latest version of George - V3.71A7 (Release 7) - which backs up to the new server.

Paul Sanders
George Systems
http://www.GeorgeSystems.co.uk

I'm not 100% certain what that means as Paul didn't elaborate. But it appears that the old backup server we could backup our daily activities to for an annual fee will no longer be available and will go to a new server. Does that mean that eventually George will be no longer available in the longer term? I don't know. We have had George since the early days and it has served us well so we hope that the program will continue to have support.

However that said, the Palm PDA's for Pocket George we are using are well past their sell by date and with no other 'portable' option I can't see myself printing out a daily work schedule on paper.

Sorry @adamangler, maybe my comment was over exaggerated. Its just that I have always 'worried' that George's time would be finite as it was a prelude to the cloud based system.

http://www.georgesystems.co.uk/Online/online.html

Is this the future? (I don't remember seeing this page yesterday.)

Last edited by a moderator:
There was an announcement on the other forum yesterday.

George software.

Hi Guys

We will be closing down the old Internet Backup server in a few days.

Please make sure you are running the latest version of George - V3.71A7 (Release 7) - which backs up to the new server.

Paul Sanders
George Systems
http://www.GeorgeSystems.co.uk

I'm not 100% certain what that means as Paul didn't elaborate. But it appears that the old backup server we could backup our daily activities to for an annual fee will no longer be available and will go to a new server. Does that mean that eventually George will be no longer available in the longer term? I don't know. We have had George since the early days and it has served us well so we hope that the program will continue to have support.

However that said, the Palm PDA's for Pocket George we are using are well past their sell by date and with no other 'portable' option I can't see myself printing out a daily work schedule on paper.

Sorry @adamangler, maybe my comment was over exaggerated. Its just that I have always 'worried' that George's time would be finite as it was a prelude to the cloud based system.

http://www.georgesystems.co.uk/Online/online.html

Is this the future? (I don't remember seeing this page yesterday.)

Oh yes i saw that post, i just assumed they were upgrading servers.

The george online is Aworka, you are probably right george will eventually be done away with and become aworka

I use george also, tried aworka and cleaner planner but i keep coming back to georges simplicity

I have always printed out my sheets, but i print the weeks work out not just one day, i have this on my clipboard and end up writing note, quotes and reminder on it during the week. I like to have pen and paper

I installed george on a windows tablet, and it works well, the only issue i had is whilst it is ok to use during the day to mark off jobs etc, to do any more advanced tasks its too fiddly and i like to use the laptop, but in order to do so you need to transfer the saved file over, now my tablet doesnt have a usb slot for a memory stick so it may have to be transferred via blutooth

Another option which i had considered was to but a small netbook and use this soley for george, take it on the van, use it at home etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh yes i saw that post, i just assumed they were upgrading servers.

The george online is Aworka, you are probably right george will eventually be done away with and become aworka

I use george also, tried aworka and cleaner planner but i keep coming back to georges simplicity

I have always printed out my sheets, but i print the weeks work out not just one day, i have this on my clipboard and end up writing note, quotes and reminder on it during the week. I like to have pen and paper

I installed george on a windows tablet, and it works well, the only issue i had is whilst it is ok to use during the day to mark off jobs etc, to do any more advanced tasks its too fiddly and i like to use the laptop, but in order to do so you need to transfer the saved file over, now my tablet doesnt have a usb slot for a memory stick so it may have to be transferred via blutooth

Another option which i had considered was to but a small netbook and use this soley for george, take it on the van, use it at home etc.

It would make it so much easier if we had an Android app to replace the pda software. But that's not where the money is. A one off £50 is not going to keep a business afloat.

But having George online with enough subscribers at £10 a month is.

I haven't a phone on a contact that I can keep connected to the internet during the day when I'm out and about.

Back