Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.

RO MAN Issues

Gleam123

Can barely get the pressure gauge up to five this week making water production damn near impossible!

Is there anything I can do to assist with this or anyone experienced similar issues?

Checked on their website and it was suggested some companies have started turning down water pressure in some areas.

Is it worth me investing in a booster pump or maybe there is something I can do thats a little more cost effective beforehand?

Thanks in advance guys

Ben

Booster pump is the only real option if you have low water pressure,In reality you wont get 75 gpd and It does trickle out and at 35 psi it will produce 50L a day,I use to use one and have it running constant to keep up with what I was using.

Booster pump all the way.

Round here the water pressure drops quite a bit during the day, but from about 9 in the evening starts to creep up again.

Without a booster pump my production is rubbish, and also the RO only gets the TDS down to about 15. With it the TDS drops to about 7.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest feedthewifeandkids

hi sorry im new to all this my ro with di unit is running very slow what are theese boster pumps is this what i need?i had a spare 75litre storage tub lying around and i am trying to fill this i have filled no were near 1/4 of the tub so far in 6 hours please help me trying to start a bissness and so as my name suggest feed the wife and kids but dont think ill have much water to get any houses done

What size RO is it? if it is a 75 gpd it will fill your tub in about 30 hours.A booster pump is a small pump to increase the water pressure from the mains R/O needs a minimum of 35 psi to work and really you want around 60 psi for it to work at its best.I would get another water butt and keep filling till both are filled and transfer over to your on board tank or containers for transporting,I use to have a 75 gpd RO and have it running 24/7 to keep up with demand but took a lot of organising.

Guest colinvansmith

hi sorry im new to all this my ro with di unit is running very slow what are theese boster pumps is this what i need?i had a spare 75litre storage tub lying around and i am trying to fill this i have filled no were near 1/4 of the tub so far in 6 hours please help me trying to start a bissness and so as my name suggest feed the wife and kids but dont think ill have much water to get any houses done

Firstly do you have a tds meter to take a reading of the water purity of your tap water. If not get one as you may find you do not need an RO unit that would be my first port of call

just read your other post about reading of 250 u need Ro what a booster pump does is force the water through the RO membrane as at the moment all you have is the water pressure from your tap and its not enough to get loads of water through the ro membrane

col

Guest feedthewifeandkids

nearly clean its a 50gpd one and you say you have yours going 24/7 how much water are you producing a day? how much are you using per house roughly sorry for all these questions

colin yes its over 250 on my tds meter :( i have it running off my outside tap running on full power where do you get these boaster pumps i tryed my shurflo pump plugging it up still no luck

Guest feedthewifeandkids

hi yes i have to taps one in the own starirs toilet with an outside tap fittin which i will be using in winter (well hoping to lol) could i just use a di unit if so how i was hoping to used about 4 25litre drums how long do you reakon they would take to fill and how many housed do you think that would do

I would go for a minimum of 6 to 8 25L drums as you will use a lot of water when you first start out.Can use easy 50L on a 3 bed semi but over time and experience get this do to about 15 L or less.Has your RO got a pressure gauge on it and have you flushed it properly,also they are a bit slow at first then get faster.Check you have the waste and pure right way round as well

Guest feedthewifeandkids

yes i have checked waste and pure and no it doesnt have a pressure gauge on but we left it to flush for about 10-20mins and i have brought 5 drums so may have to get me some more then

I work on the fact that a 25L barrel will last me about 3/4 hour and i can clean about 20 windows with that so that should give you an idea of how much water you need,I would have your RO running 24/7 to build up a stock of water till you have a couple of water butts and all your 25 L containers filled then when you've emptied a few containers when you get home fill the containers back up from the water butt and then stick the R/O on to fill the water butt back up,by about thursday you'll start to struggle and probably used most of the second butt at this point your ro is on all the time till about sunday lunchtime where your ready for monday morning with both butts and containers filled up.5 containers is a good start try car washing places they are always trying to get rid of 25 l containers.

Does the water out of your tap run slow or really fast,can you stop the water with your finger?

Guest feedthewifeandkids

hi thanks for all your help this is great no i cant stop the water with my finger its running very fast until it comes out the ro unit lol

Guest wmwcs

It is hard water in my area. There are some people who use DI only (they got the cheapest Brodex they could).

For B'ham this is not a good idea at all. They run up £20+ a week in resin costs when the combo of RO plus DI to mop up the remnants is much cheaper. I have a bag of resin I got 2 years ago and haven't finished it.

I have won business off others simply because they are not getting the mineral content out of their water and are leaving streaks on the windows.

I have actually had window cleaners who are suffering the costs of DI only systems come to me wanting to buy purified water.

I would definitely use RO with a booster pump.

Reverse osmosis is powered by the water pressure so within reason if you push the pressure up, you will force more water across the semi permeable membrane.

You get less waste water and more purified water.

When I started I thought there was something wrong with the system until I realised how it worked and I needed a booster pump to supplement mains pressure.

Guest feedthewifeandkids

ok will look into these boaster pumps then i have woke up and my 75litre tubs nearly done however i have filled a black bin full of waste water! can i do anything with this waste water as its alot and im guessing so will be my water bill lol. and also i went on a litre to us gallon convertor as my pumps says its 50 us gpd and it tells me my 75 litre tub is only 19 us gallons so it should be filling 2 and half of theese every 24 hours well this is deffantly not the case :(

Guest feedthewifeandkids

right been trying to look at these boater pumps but what are they called i tryed typing in water booster pump on ebay but dont know what im looking for anyone got one they could reccomend or tell me what spec i need to look for also still working out what to do with this waste water should i be usin g a water but and putting it straight back in there or is there another use for it

Guest feedthewifeandkids

ok will have to lol shame my garden isnt bigger as im loosing alot of waste water? this is just an idea but if i was to run this pump from a water butt (can this be done though) and run my waste pipe straight into the top of the water butt to go back throught the filter?

Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.