Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

RO MAN Issues

Gleam123

Can barely get the pressure gauge up to five this week making water production damn near impossible!

Is there anything I can do to assist with this or anyone experienced similar issues?

Checked on their website and it was suggested some companies have started turning down water pressure in some areas.

Is it worth me investing in a booster pump or maybe there is something I can do thats a little more cost effective beforehand?

Thanks in advance guys

Ben

Booster pump is the only real option if you have low water pressure,In reality you wont get 75 gpd and It does trickle out and at 35 psi it will produce 50L a day,I use to use one and have it running constant to keep up with what I was using.

Booster pump all the way.

Round here the water pressure drops quite a bit during the day, but from about 9 in the evening starts to creep up again.

Without a booster pump my production is rubbish, and also the RO only gets the TDS down to about 15. With it the TDS drops to about 7.

What size RO is it? if it is a 75 gpd it will fill your tub in about 30 hours.A booster pump is a small pump to increase the water pressure from the mains R/O needs a minimum of 35 psi to work and really you want around 60 psi for it to work at its best.I would get another water butt and keep filling till both are filled and transfer over to your on board tank or containers for transporting,I use to have a 75 gpd RO and have it running 24/7 to keep up with demand but took a lot of organising.

I would go for a minimum of 6 to 8 25L drums as you will use a lot of water when you first start out.Can use easy 50L on a 3 bed semi but over time and experience get this do to about 15 L or less.Has your RO got a pressure gauge on it and have you flushed it properly,also they are a bit slow at first then get faster.Check you have the waste and pure right way round as well

I work on the fact that a 25L barrel will last me about 3/4 hour and i can clean about 20 windows with that so that should give you an idea of how much water you need,I would have your RO running 24/7 to build up a stock of water till you have a couple of water butts and all your 25 L containers filled then when you've emptied a few containers when you get home fill the containers back up from the water butt and then stick the R/O on to fill the water butt back up,by about thursday you'll start to struggle and probably used most of the second butt at this point your ro is on all the time till about sunday lunchtime where your ready for monday morning with both butts and containers filled up.5 containers is a good start try car washing places they are always trying to get rid of 25 l containers.

Does the water out of your tap run slow or really fast,can you stop the water with your finger?

Check out as many Vids and have a poke around for information ask as many questions as you can,Its a steep learning curve and Pure water is the key to water fed cleaning get this right and everything else falls into place

Latest Posts

Back