Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Help with pricing

WCF

Help Support WCF:

PureShine

Im a noob to the window cleaning game. Been going 1 month now. Have got 32 regulars and not got 16 that lost out on when quoting. Iv had some decent size houses that iv not got when quoting so am wondering what sort of prices you guys would give on the house in the pictures. Price to include front n back windows, frames, sills and conny but not the roof. Also what would you guys charge for the roof alone?

Any advice appreciated. Cheers

Screenshot_2017-06-12-19-14-01.png

Screenshot_2017-06-12-19-14-07.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
£25-30 for the windows and conservatory windows . Minimum of £50 for the roof depending on size probably more . Pricing does varie quite a bit depending where you are in the country , that would be doing it wfp 

£25-30 for the windows and conservatory windows . Minimum of £50 for the roof depending on size probably more . Pricing does varie quite a bit depending where you are in the country , that would be doing it wfp 
Cheers for the quick reply mate. Im in Sutton Coldfield area near Birmingham if that helps. What area are you charging that?

Ime in Cornwall and I think my prices are quite cheap 
I quoted it at £25 at 8 weekly for windows and got it no problem. Conny roof I charged £30 so maybe sold myself a bit short there. Im really struggling with prices in my area at the moment as some people say £12 front and back including frames etc. Then for the same style and size of house i win them at £19 but i lose quite a few that i quote. So just trying to work out wether im too expensive or wether im getting a few price shoppers confusing me and me overthinking my prices

£30/£35 8 weekly. Sutton Coldfield is posh, so maybe £40.
Hahaha i wish mate. Believe me i first thought to target the big houses, those are the ones who arent willing to pay, they actually seem to want it cheaper than the normal people with average 3 bed houses. So much easier getting the 3 beds at decent price. Sutton isnt that posh. Although i charged £150 for interior window cleaning on a 1 bedroom flat because i didnt want the job. Went and priced it as i just wanted the experience of that side of things. Ended up getting the job booked in for saturday. Happy days on that one

I'd have priced that house at about £28-30 and the connie roof at £40 (Kent and Sussex).  

When deciding what to charge I don't take any notice of how rich (or poor) the area is, or what other windy's might be charging.  What matters is what it's going to cost in a) materials and b) time.  As long as you get back the cost of materials, plus a reasonable return for your time - that's the right price.

Sometimes I'll quote a house (say £20) and the customer will say their current window cleaner does it for £15.  I'll usually tell them to hold on to that window cleaner because they've got themselves a real bargain - because I know "my" window cleaner couldn't maintain that price.  Sometimes they really have got a better price; sometimes they're just looking for a discount (which I don't offer - not my job to offer discounts).  

But equally, sometimes I'll quote a house and they'll tell me that their current window cleaner charges twice that.  That always makes me ask if I can recheck the house to make sure I've not made a stupid mistake - have another look around - and tell them that I did miss something (maybe a semi-porch or a 2 part bay) and the price should have been £21 (but obviously still offer them the £20 original price).  And then I ask if the existing cleans the insides as well? (Of course he doesn't).    

Point being that I price to what "my" window cleaner needs to make a living - not to what I think I can get away with or what anyone else in the area is charging.   

Stephens road pure shine?

£30 monthly for that or £40 bimonthly.

quoting ratio look for a 2/3 conversion. So 100 houses quoted look to win 66.

if your getting more maybe your to cheap. 

There are loads where you are so you will not be able to build anything compact quickly if at all. 

Do a good job and be pleasant and you will get recommended.

Always charge more for a first clean, always. People expect to pay more for the first. 

Simply clean has just sold 187 customers with an average of £18 with the van for 20k I believe.

look for a good hourly rate, £50 is easy where you are. Houses on the lodge at £12 to £15 a go and you can easily do 4 or 5 an hour. The big houses can be really picky expecting you to be there for a good couple of hours. 

Finally good luck

Minty 

Stephens road pure shine?

£30 monthly for that or £40 bimonthly.

quoting ratio look for a 2/3 conversion. So 100 houses quoted look to win 66.

if your getting more maybe your to cheap. 

There are loads where you are so you will not be able to build anything compact quickly if at all. 

Do a good job and be pleasant and you will get recommended.

Always charge more for a first clean, always. People expect to pay more for the first. 

Simply clean has just sold 187 customers with an average of £18 with the van for 20k I believe.

look for a good hourly rate, £50 is easy where you are. Houses on the lodge at £12 to £15 a go and you can easily do 4 or 5 an hour. The big houses can be really picky expecting you to be there for a good couple of hours. 

Finally good luck

Minty 

Minty how do you know Im stephens road? where are you from mate? Yeah Im definately noticing there are loads of clean windows on every road i go on, far more clean than there are dirty anyway. I quoted a house £30 the other day at 8 weekly, honestly mate it was f**kin massive. 6 bedrooms with a conservatory that was equally massive, when I gave her the quote, this was with standard first clean being usual £30 so no extra, she looked at me like i was insane. I think i'm getting around that at the moment. won 35 didnt win 16. I know its not a lot but ive only been going 5 weeks on my own. I dunno why he sold it for that, id rather have kept hold of the round, sounds cheap in my eyes. customer average of £18 is decent. mine is £17.52 at the moment according to cleaner planner. One thing I cant get my head around is the amount of time i take. I use around 80-90L per job, this is on a maintenence clean lol, a small 3 bed took me 27mins charged at £16, i just dont know how to get faster but still keeping the quality.

Minty how do you know Im stephens road? where are you from mate? Yeah Im definately noticing there are loads of clean windows on every road i go on, far more clean than there are dirty anyway. I quoted a house £30 the other day at 8 weekly, honestly mate it was f**kin massive. 6 bedrooms with a conservatory that was equally massive, when I gave her the quote, this was with standard first clean being usual £30 so no extra, she looked at me like i was insane. I think i'm getting around that at the moment. won 35 didnt win 16. I know its not a lot but ive only been going 5 weeks on my own. I dunno why he sold it for that, id rather have kept hold of the round, sounds cheap in my eyes. customer average of £18 is decent. mine is £17.52 at the moment according to cleaner planner. One thing I cant get my head around is the amount of time i take. I use around 80-90L per job, this is on a maintenence clean lol, a small 3 bed took me 27mins charged at £16, i just dont know how to get faster but still keeping the quality.
speed will come in time, so don't panic. You'll be faster every time you do them

Hahaha i wish mate. Believe me i first thought to target the big houses, those are the ones who arent willing to pay, they actually seem to want it cheaper than the normal people with average 3 bed houses. So much easier getting the 3 beds at decent price. Sutton isnt that posh. Although i charged £150 for interior window cleaning on a 1 bedroom flat because i didnt want the job. Went and priced it as i just wanted the experience of that side of things. Ended up getting the job booked in for saturday. Happy days on that one
Love to know where that one is. (You don't mean £15. do you)

Yes I'm local to you. I'll stop if I catch you on my patch ?

On time taken, go back and redo one that you've first cleaned. You will be amazed at how quick and how little water you will use from the first clean. 

On the big 6 bedder that you quoted £30, the customer may of thought that was way to low. 

If your knocked back on price, ask what they expected to pay, although they won't say if they thought your too cheap. 

Lastly, have your lunch on Sainsbury's or Waitrose car park, when working in the area. Clean van and plenty of business cards, works well

Love to know where that one is. (You don't mean £15. do you)

Yes I'm local to you. I'll stop if I catch you on my patch ?

On time taken, go back and redo one that you've first cleaned. You will be amazed at how quick and how little water you will use from the first clean. 

On the big 6 bedder that you quoted £30, the customer may of thought that was way to low. 

If your knocked back on price, ask what they expected to pay, although they won't say if they thought your too cheap. 

Lastly, have your lunch on Sainsbury's or Waitrose car park, when working in the area. Clean van and plenty of business cards, works well
Minty do you live slade? If you look like minty from eastenders then you can only be one of 2 people. Either i done a wasp nest in your back garden maybe 3 or 4 years ago through my uncle jaffa/steven/jarvis. Or i seen you coming out of the cleaning warehouse a few weeks back, i used to do the ovens. Any of these ring a bell mate? If not then iv got the wrong person lol. The job is wentworth gardens in four oaks. Iv got 6 maintenece cleans tomorrow so that should be a bit of an eye opener as to wether im either just too slow or wether im being too fussy

im more impressed how you got over 30 customers in a month. ive always struggled to get custys. in 3 years ive sent really smart flyers, 20,000 ,  advertised in paper and now on facebook. i do bit of commercial work but only got 95 domestic jobs. i really struggle getting the work

Last edited by a moderator:
Back