Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Aladdin's cave.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

J and S

Went to Air Force in Leeds yesterday...a quick 20 minute drive away...for some bits and bobs....nearly bought the shop, they have all sorts of WFP gear and fittings on display as well as pressure washing and soft washing gear...for stuff like o rings, connectors etc it's heaven they have every fitting you can think of on display.

Picked up there safely cleaning at height catalogue and it has some innovative stuff in well worth a visit and a read...the guys are very helpful and knowledgeable.

They have a shop?

Thought they were just a big warehouse, didn't know you could just walk in and have a look.

Will have to call down sometime,it's about 20 mins from me also

they'll even supply and fit a stystem if you ask them.

nice guys-a bit slow offering a cup of tea though

best time to go is on a saturday morning-things are more relaxed then as j&s said take your wallet they may not be the cheapest in the world but the quality of fittings etc is very good

they also stock tecbuck brushes,gardiner poles,hose reels,univalves,tanks,plus loads of trad stuff too

Went for a look today, everything is way overpriced.

Ok if desperate, but i think i will stick to online
yeh they are a tad expensive on some things adam,that being said i've bought gardiner poles from there cheaper than alex's website,all fitted up with a brush of my choice.

there rectus fittings are the genuine ones not like the turkish copies you see on the web and do cost more but i get 18 months out of a set ok they cost a bit over a tenner for a set but i want/need reliability not having to faff around sorting things out,time is money mate and time having to fix things because i tried to save a couple of quid here and there just isn't worth it-i have honestly been and done that in my early days,i have literally lost hundreds/maybe going onto a thousand or more pounds from cheap **** over the years.

i'm not having a go mate so please don't take the umbridge,i have a diy stystem as well because it suits me,

the problem with window cleaners is that everything HAS to be as cheap as poss as they all moan they are skint :1f644:  and then moan when it doesn't last long or breaks,the intresting thing is when you look at other window cleaners who have quality equipment and don't skrimp on things they seem to be doing well-could be food for thought 

They will always come down for cash.

Friday I bought a double Di 16 litre both complete with resin and fixtures and fittings for £240 which I didn't think was bad.

More to the point why did I put up with a slow Ro and wasting water for a year before converting...I'm on a meter but now I use customers and don't need all the containers in van.

I mean like for like items available online are a fair bit cheaper, nothing to do with buying lower priced gear, but then most things you can buy in shops are cheaper online so no surprises.

Hose reel £165, online £130 for example, same reel.

That said its very handy to know its there if stuck for something

do they sell resin? i didnt notice

I've always got it cheaper than anywhere online . Rectus fittings £10 a set . Tulsion resin £70 a sack. Slx section £70 . 100 metres of microbore £50 . All fitted to my reel while I went round the corner to the sarnie shop . Any gardiners brush £30 . Plus you can try the stuff out .he lent me a trolley for a day while he fixed my backpack charged me nowt for the trolley and £10 for fixing the backpack . . You need to speak to rash he's the gaffer . I think this. Place is a godsend for anything in an emergency . Also it its ******* it down I might go over and get stocked up on resin and any spare fittings . Also when you look online there's that many different sizes and **** you get confused . Go over there show him the problem and he gets the right fitting and sorts it . He once spent 20 minutes sorting an issue with my pump  . Didn't charge a penny . I think it's important this place gets local support as we are lucky in West Yorkshire to have this shop . I've also been in when there's been lads from Barnsley and Oldham in . You can't beat hands on help . 

they make this attachment for me as a solution for connies and facias etc so i can connect to the hosepipe,simple things like this makes airforce hard to beat for service and solutions for those little things that niggle me on a daily basis

july 2017 028.JPG

If you are needing anything expensive always go armed with the cheapest online price . Then if he is more expensive tell him to beat the price . He usually does . But the best thing is sorting any issues out and getting the right fittings costhey are the things that can mess your day up . 

Back