Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Had to destroy one of my SkyVac poles

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Working this morning with four sections of my SkyVac in the air. After an hour or so I tried to disassemble them and three wouldn't budge. Tried every remedy I could find online but they were glued together. After 45min I had to reside to the fact I was going to lose at least one section (no way it was going in my van as it was). 

So yep, I'm gutted and I've still got to try and remove the broken ends from the other two sections yet. 

Is there anyway to prevent this happening? It's come close before but eventually I've got them apart. I wipe them down at the end of each job as well. 

IMG_2386.JPG

I've used wd40 before, I think you can buy some sort of silicone spay that helps to keep things from sticking.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Only thing WD40 did to my pole was completely seize it.

Your prob better using - PTFE dry-film lubricant

Gardners sell it.

PTFE spray or - if I remember correctly- chalk. When the joints are worn we used to use candle wax to build the joints up (by rubbing a candle on the over-lapping sections ) this also kept them from seizing .

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Yeah I know what you're saying but it's been a year and I've not come across anything I can't do with my current setup. 

On a positive note Spinaclean just rang me and are sending me all three sections for free. What a service 

Back