Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Huge contract Hail Mary!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

BigFoot

Been asked to tender a huge property by a management company  with a fast approaching deadline to include windows, gutter cleans and facias on a three year contract, it's big money with plenty of potential for further growth and with My change in personal circumstances a needed potential boost to income. I've not tendered before and not having much luck on searching the forum with key words for templates or direction.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

BigFoot happy to lend a hand via dm if you wish. The main thing to consider when tendering is it's often a race to the bottom with many using it as a chance to drive down a preferred supplier so be cautious if the tender requirements sound like they've been written by another company (often a clear sign its already won!). Make sure you've qualified it initially so you know how much time to spend on the process on average a 4-month tender process saves a supplier around 15-20% so if you can afford to get close to that target from the outset then it's a good way to begin. Other considerations that can add value to your proposal.

1. Certifications - If you have any that set you apart or are the expected standard i.e SafeContractor, IOSH etc.

2. Value add - Is there anything you can offer the others can't? 24 hour call out as an example etc.

3. USP - What unique about your business? Methods of working? Quality? Standards? History? Network? etc.

Hope that helps, feel free to reach out :) 

BigFoot happy to lend a hand via dm if you wish. The main thing to consider when tendering is it's often a race to the bottom with many using it as a chance to drive down a preferred supplier so be cautious if the tender requirements sound like they've been written by another company (often a clear sign its already won!). Make sure you've qualified it initially so you know how much time to spend on the process on average a 4-month tender process saves a supplier around 15-20% so if you can afford to get close to that target from the outset then it's a good way to begin. Other considerations that can add value to your proposal.

1. Certifications - If you have any that set you apart or are the expected standard i.e SafeContractor, IOSH etc.

2. Value add - Is there anything you can offer the others can't? 24 hour call out as an example etc.

3. USP - What unique about your business? Methods of working? Quality? Standards? History? Network? etc.

Hope that helps, feel free to reach out :) 
Thanks Pure-flex-cleaning for the information and offer to help, 

ill no doubt DM you regarding my future tenders. I appreciate the 3 points as worthwhile information. I missed out on this contract and have asked for feedback, my guess is I went in to high. It was a bigger job than I am uesed to and didn't want to get my fingers burned on price and if it was a race to the bottom or a tender to lower a preferred contracts price ( which I had not considered ) I can see why I was not successful. Any way onwards and upwards!

Back