Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

eggs and cheese lol

dasslr1

94 to go
best one iv heard for a long while this .................was working in a street some months ago and a lad come up to me talking about window cleaning saying its hard being self employed wc hes tried himself but gave up cos it was hard to make a living . anyway I worked out he was charging peanuts to do houses  but sort of  just let it go . seemed a nice lad but I don't think he grasped he should of been charging more . any way seen him today and we start talking again , and I was having a bit of a moan cos of the heat and things going wrong during the week ie I broke my 35ft pole and have to get other custys ******* me of  blah blah blah . he turns to me and tells me I should be selling eggs to the custys to bump up my wage  oh and blocks of cheese . I look at him strange lol and said no I don't think so lol    I told him he was to cheap and he should of charged more if he wanted a better wage .  I told him roughly what I was on an hour and he seemed a bit shocked lol   I left thinking jesus Christ you want me to ,clean my tanks, fill containers with water, accounts, sort out custy for the morning and buy/sell eggs cheese and what ever else ..... some people just make me laugh . 

think he said he charged 3  - 3.50 for an house .in my head I'm thinking theres your problem mate ,but I just nodded  lol I don't think he was all there tho lol 

I took over a round with glass only cleans at £5. Regretting all the low paid houses that are just awkward to clean. They'll do until I get bigger paid jobs for adding frames and doors. Lesson learnt 

I'm shocked that he couldn't make it work at £3.50 a house. He'd surely have hundreds of customers but then realise bad payers, awkward to clean homes would eat him up. I nearly made that mistake just to get into this industry.

everyones made that mistake when we first start off but we soon learn ,but this guy just did not get it at all .lol he was adamant you cant make a living off it lol . 

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it. Advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website.

Our website also relies on advertising to keep the doors open and the lights on!

For the best site experience, please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock