Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Grippa tank, worth the money?

slippy

Thinking of getting a single tank with the van speed lined 40 40 ro etc.   They are charging £5000- 5700.   They charge £400 to fit the system on your drive or pick it up.   I would rather not pay it and drive it to them.   They do seem professional.

Worth forking out all this money ?  

Have found cheaper places.  For example - the Cleaning Warehouse or BladeRight (Lee Martin) charging £2500 -£3000 but I would have to get it speed lined myself so another £400.

Any thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:
i've not had a grippa tank stystem slippy but they do look really nice,there again if i were to buy a stystem grippa,pure freedom,wcw,x-line,and lee martin would not be the ones i would go to,i do like value for money but also i want the stystem to be the very best it can be in many ways and the above couldn't do that for me.

how old is your van?,it could be a waste of money to speedline a van you would only keep for a few years/maybe fibre glassing would be beter

Straight to the point, GrippaTank are expensive. However, they are top notch professionals.

I had them fit a tank and rollers in my new van last month and the work is to the highest standard.

I believe the old motto of you get what you pay for, so when it comes to something your going to use every day, go for the best.

Good luck finding it, it's in the middle of nowhere, it was like being on the set of the film deliverance 

I had Grippatank fit me a 500 litre full DI system (which will last me all day as a sole trader ) back in March, it came inside at a shade over 4k
With a Gardiner 25slx fitted on my driveway.

There are people on here who will say they could have done It for less than half that, which is easily achievable on a self build.

However with a full diary I wanted a next day turnaround and having researched the market Grippatank ticked all the boxes as it was fitted on Wednesday and out working on Thursday.

Cost was never my primary objective (I could have spent more).

However it was the system I wanted, crash​ tested etc, and this forum has been crucial because there are many poor operators out there. Whereas backup is second to none,

So I sourced my donor van which is just off lease, 3 years old and 55k with full fsh and MOT and drives fine, however, I may have dropped a clanger in my research and bought the"iffy" 1.6 hdi but my mechanic assures me by flushing the oil to eradicate buggering the engine up..we will see.

When I drive it full , it pulls effortlessly and I never feel seasick, the only downside is I can hear a trickle of water, which makes me need the loo, more than I should.

I look at running this van for about ten years ( I'm 48) and buying the same after that for the same length of time until retirement (god willing).

So anyway, 3 months down the line I'm very pleased with the system and as has been said getting it fitted to a newer van you can wring plenty of service out of it.

My opinions here may not suit your needs so consider what's best for you, and go for it.

Btw, I think the £400 fitting cost is applicable if it's a their premises or your driveway.

If you're near bedfordshire you're more than welcome to come see our vans. We have different size systems from them :) 

what are you getting for your £5k+ ?

Basically, I am looking for a tank with battery pump etc (usual stuff and a plug in 4040 ro.

Regarding speedlining- my van is 2013.   There are people who will do it for under £400.   Grippa tank is £600 as is another company.

Surely, with a system like this when I change vans I could just take it out and put it in the new van (it is going to last years, isn't it?)

I think woth any system like this it's a want rather than need.  If you can afford to pay 5k plush for a smart looking system and yout want it fair enough. Personally I cant understand it, I would rather have a d.I. y system for under a grand and spend the rest of that money on personal things or better still keep it in the bank. 

I think woth any system like this it's a want rather than need.  If you can afford to pay 5k plush for a smart looking system and yout want it fair enough. Personally I cant understand it, I would rather have a d.I. y system for under a grand and spend the rest of that money on personal things or better still keep it in the bank. 

I agree it's far cheaper for a DIY system adamangler, trouble is I have zero knowledge of these things, zero plumbing skills and thus I'll have to just suck it up probably...

What would be ideal is if a WindowCleaningForum member lived nextdoor to me, advised me exactly what to buy, installed it for me all for the price of a night at the local.... :1f44d:

Until that opportunity presents itself I will have to cough up the cash....

Think of it this way if you pay tax. The more you pay tax as any business you go for high spec items which cost money. You up your spending money which brings the tax down you pay. Then downtime costs you you money. If you have a system with less downtime or no downtime then it pays for itself. We are distributors for Grippatank in Scotland and what I like is it keeps on improving. Also the back up you receive a lot of companies will take your money and then as soon as a problem occurs do not want to know. Worth spending the money for the service you get as well as a well designed product that has been designed by Gardiners and further developed by Grippatank

Think of it this way if you pay tax. The more you pay tax as any business you go for high spec items which cost money. You up your spending money which brings the tax down you pay. Then downtime costs you you money. If you have a system with less downtime or no downtime then it pays for itself. We are distributors for Grippatank in Scotland and what I like is it keeps on improving. Also the back up you receive a lot of companies will take your money and then as soon as a problem occurs do not want to know. Worth spending the money for the service you get as well as a well designed product that has been designed by Gardiners and further developed by Grippatank

Thats a good way to think of it... :1f44d:

I do think that £1200 to speedline and fit is a little bit much for me though.

Same could be said for anything. Why did I buy a brand new van when I could have a bought a year old one? Does the same job. 

When you start seeing spending as an "investment" then your business will truly take off. 

I have spent north of 11k on my van and grippatank system, I would have liked to build my own system but did not have the time experience or inclination to do that.

The only thing I think I'm missing by buying "off the shelf" so to speak is the intimate knowledge of a self build and diagnosing faults etc, quicker.

On my new system I've got the backup of a recognised company and the back up that goes with it , over time I should learn all the intricacies of the system.

And finally the whole system is tax deductible, so if you're on the level you can claim it back, so what's not to like?

I haven't got there system but they altered my Ionic's system and fitted big booster pump and 9kw boiler system and did a lot of custom stainless steel work on my van top notch workmanship but not cheap , but I also work on the principle of you get what you pay for , I have a lot of very wealthy customers who ask to see in the van and want to know how it works they have all been very impressed with it , you can fit it out yourself and make it look decent if you have the know how I fitted the hose reels and poles storage area out but the boiler and booster pump gets quite complicated and I didn't have the time to fiddle about with that . Ime sure you would be happy with what they do Oliver is very good at turning your expectations into reality or he was with mine anyway thoroughly recommend them 

I've had a Pure Freedom factory fitted system in for over 6 years now. Apart from the usual wear and tear problems overall happy with the product. Fairly sure they're cheaper than Grippa but they're UK north so not surprising 

I've had a Pure Freedom factory fitted system in for over 6 years now. Apart from the usual wear and tear problems overall happy with the product. Fairly sure they're cheaper than Grippa but they're UK north so not surprising 

Cheers PartTimer - i'll check them out  :1f44d:

There is a compromise. I had GrippaTank install my tank and rollers, then I fitted my pumps, controllers etc at a fraction of the price you mentioned ?

Thats a good way to think of it... :1f44d:

I do think that £1200 to speedline and fit is a little bit much for me though.
Speedliner is pretty expensive but is the bees knees with regards to protecting your van. There are other cheaper options but anyone who has come across speedliner will agree it's the best.

Speedliner is pretty expensive but is the bees knees with regards to protecting your van. There are other cheaper options but anyone who has come across speedliner will agree it's the best.
Is there nowhere you can buy it to apply yourself? Couldn't see it being hard to apply with a compressor like

Is there nowhere you can buy it to apply yourself? Couldn't see it being hard to apply with a compressor like
You need an oven to do the drying correctly. Plus there is also a lot of prep time involved. All vents need to be blocked and you will spend at least 2 hours plus prepping the van

Back