Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Letter on door

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Beer

So today was doing my local round and one of my chatty older ladies on my round the one person I didn't expect this from left a letter on window saying window cleaner don't need anymore thank you . My head runs wild then as I'm wondering if theres anything I did wrong as I always say anything that's wrong please call but baffles me

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Could be anything. Found a cheaper cleaner or trying to cut spending. I bought a run and after the first clean a few customers said the window cleaner came last week.

It was only a few but he's now went away abroad. He said it was because they asked him to clean it. Was bull he just turned up and cleaned it. 

He's an unlicensed, uninsured, drug dealing, benefit claiming, glass cleaner(Not window).

So my options

1. Tell the social 

2. Contact the police

3. Wait for him to come back from abroad and have a friendly conversation about him chancing his luck. (Oh after i'v lifted his ladders).

I'v got receipts signed by him, copy of the ad on Gumtree etc. So he can chance his luck again if he wants.

you have a contract, receipts and custys who will back you up. Id take him to court, who will then throw the book at him for everything else as well. Go on judge rinder please, i wanna watch, plus he had a case on there like it before and he ruined him.

Gazz While he is away I would maybe go around all the customers fully aware that you have bought the round and the other guy is no longer doing them at all, Don't knick his ladders someone will see you always do things the right way that way you have nothing to worry about. 

So today was doing my local round and one of my chatty older ladies on my round the one person I didn't expect this from left a letter on window saying window cleaner don't need anymore thank you . My head runs wild then as I'm wondering if theres anything I did wrong as I always say anything that's wrong please call but baffles me

I wouldn't let it worry you some peoples circumstances change but they don't want to tell you directly, But it does bug me if I don't get a reason as you're left in the dark.

I had a customer of over 10 years who cancelled the direct debit last week so after 2 days I emailed them asking them if the dd had been cancelled in error, She replied saying her mate had started window cleaning so she was going with him  :1f4a9:

I posted a letter to every customer on the list telling them that. He's came up with a few excuses like he bought it back etc. But the customers told him to bolt and that even if he did buy It back he's scratched all there windows and they finally got a good cleaner who cleans them properly. He's the type that told me he changes his rubbers once every 6 months and leaves the applicator on the Windowledge to pick up whatever. 

I'v now took all the customers I want and Im dumping the rest because they're all shocking to clean and  £5 jobs that would never be raised in price. ready to take the hit on the chin for it. But I'll make sure he doesn't get to clean again.

Back