Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

total beginner, HELP!!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

javatomic

So ive never done a whole conservatory clean before, ive washed over the whites on the windows and ive done connie roofs using the customers hose but all this is when i was working for someone else so i dont have a clue about pricing any of it in general so im just looking for any and all information tbh, things like how much would you charge for just the glass on roof, price for all all the upvc, would you just say its one big bulk job to do it all to make it worth the time and money, would i be able to do a good job just using my wfp. if theres links to other forums you know of just put them in as its a little late now so im going to finish up for tonight but i appreciate any info you can give :) also i duno if it helps but im based in n.wales and general pricing is usually a tenner for your average council house or something without connie, dont no if that will factor into pricing anything but id ideally like to be making 20-30 an hour. thanks for your help :)

You decide on price not the area, I priced a small conny (caked in green) this week for £100 im thinking it will take 1 1/2 hours I probably could have charged a bit more and still not got turned down. 

I strongly recommend using ubik 2000 as it cuts through muck well and saves lots of scrubbing. I use my WFP and a hose pipe connected to customers mains if they have it as you can't have too much water some are easier than others but tend to be good earner. Take it on and be confident. Best of luck on your vent!

I charge £5 per panel + £10 if they have fancy finials & £10 extra if really bad. Wet roof, spray ubik/virisol/tfr/no nonsense degreaser, scrub with wfp with water off, leave 5 mins, rinse off with hose, go over missed bits with pole with water on. If glass roof then go over again with pure. Finials first then 3-4 panes at a time, doesn't take long, 5-10 mins a panel.

I'm in s wales

Last edited by a moderator:
You decide on price not the area, I priced a small conny (caked in green) this week for £100 im thinking it will take 1 1/2 hours I probably could have charged a bit more and still not got turned down. 

I strongly recommend using ubik 2000 as it cuts through muck well and saves lots of scrubbing. I use my WFP and a hose pipe connected to customers mains if they have it as you can't have too much water some are easier than others but tend to be good earner. Take it on and be confident. Best of luck on your vent!
Thanks pal, do i spray ubik on pole head or something or do i have too get on a ladder and just spray it everywhere?

Thanks pal, do i spray ubik on pole head or something or do i have too get on a ladder and just spray it everywhere?
You can do either 

I run my chems through a pump and hosereel but any way you can get it on there works

You can even stick some ubik or screwfix degreaser etc in a bucket with water and dip your brush in to apply which is actually an effective way

Back