Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

water bill

WCF

Help Support WCF:

trevor peacock

I've just got my water bill in, ouch!!

I see on my bill they assume 92% of water used goes to waste and charge you for it, as most of my water is used away from home there is little waste.

can I get my waste water bill reduced?

How do you purify water?

If you use r/o and the waste water goes down the drain then that's part of your sewage charge and you can't do anything about that.

If your waste r/o water goes to soak away then you can claim a reduction in the sewage element of the bill.

You will need to talk to your water authority and give them your water usage to r/o every month. You will need to fit a water meter to the r/o inlet. They could send an inspector around to verify that their conditions have been met. (The water used processing pure would also be a deduction against tax as its a running expense.)

Not sure what you mean when you say that most of my water is used away from home so there is little waste. Does this mean you are using di only?

Last edited by a moderator:
I think you waste 3 to 4 times as much as you purify 
It depends what ro you have, whether you use an inline flow restrictor for your waste or a manual valve to set your own waste/pure ratio

Usually it is about 60/40 waste/pure

It depends what ro you have, whether you use an inline flow restrictor for your waste or a manual valve to set your own waste/pure ratio

Usually it is about 60/40 waste/pure
Interesting thanks, Mine is automated and puts way more to waste than produced as have all 3 of my systems to date.

If you are on a meter and save a tenner a week through having less waste for example then that would be £520 a year saving so worth doing and buying filters more often or even membranes once a year if you have a big saving

If you don't save enough to outweigh the costs then it makes sense to just pay for the extra waste

Gotta do the maths on your particular situation

Back