Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

soft wash insurance

im with hiscox but they said im coverd as long as i follow the curect dose but in the other sentence she said ur not aloud to use hazzerdess cems !! when i questioned this she said no ur coverd im not a bit miffed lol in fact im thinking about changing to a different insurence compney 

im starting to get a bit peed iff with them as its quiet simple ur coverd or your not lol y does it have to allways be a fing gray area :1f4a9:  

any help from you soft wash lads would be grate!

well ive rang back and they have givin me a another number to ring the second person i spoke to said he is shore im coverd but he advised i ring the number just to be 100 percent i just dont no y these people cant be strate with you lol its all a bit hit and miss  :1f624:

well spoke to the mane man today and he says im coverd for exterior cleaning but this is classed as pressure washing not using cems so they want a list of the cems and the methard to use it and the type of render lol  :1f644:  also they want to no if ive had any training for the use of these cems 

benz has all the info on there web page and a step buy step gide followed up buy the technical soft wash support forum 

also pressure washing render is a no no on render if u ask me so not shore what thats all about i under stand hypo can be missed used but ddac is kind to the render and so is hypo as long as its 5% or less hope to get this sarga sorted out tomorow as i have to krend jobs booked in for next week and a standerd painted render clean just a chimley brest coverd in yellow lichin 

its a pain lee i know,i think it will soon come that the insurers will not cover anyone unless they have had specific training,i can understand that as training gives more knowledge and confidence.

coupled with that the insurers themselves don't understand anything about softwashing and what is involved and how to do it right and how not to.

if anything does go wrong they'll be looking to see your risk assessment and method statements for that job,the method and chems used,if you have the relavent qualifications to do the job and if you were compentant.

with softwashing if it goes wrong i could imagine the repair costs would be huge and although insurance might be nice it could not be worth the paper its printed on once those insurance boffins find a loophole if you have a claim.

insurance  seems to be the bigest con going if there is a loop hole then im shore they will find it that goes for every thing cars house the lot anyexcuse to not pay out 

can you up load a risk assment so i can have a look ive never had to do one ever lol this may sound odd but in the south west its a rear thing to be asked to do infact ive never bin asked ,nore has any other wc i no and i no a lot in my area , i do a risk assement methard in my head to work safe as its not compolsery but for soft washing i can see its a beta ider to have it on paper i may join the wca as they have it all on there to down load ect 

I had gone on Gleaming website the other day to try and see what the game is, there is a page that is talking about the use of bleach and your covered in using this, but maybe thats just domestic bleach?  As part of their website, they have one of the pop up windows that ask you to ask a question if you want and of course there is supposed to be someone there to answer it, so I wrote in, am I covered to do softwashing, no response.  

I have only used Benz Blackwash, so far and bought their book with the info about the chemicals in it. Ive read it, so wonder if thats me trained to use it.  

well ive hurd that the soft wash training certificate you get once you have done the coarse is not a gov  registration certificate so in simple its not worth the paper its ritin on this is in the benz wab sight 

There is no official training course for softwash, if you have a certificate then it useless. It's for you only & shows a bit of value for your training money. Yes it's good to show your customer that you have been on a course to spray chem. however, courses need to include which type of chem to use on what type of lichen, moss etc or material. I'm sure your covered as long as the chemical is approved i.e. Benz.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

There is no official training course for softwash, if you have a certificate then it useless. It's for you only & shows a bit of value for your training money. Yes it's good to show your customer that you have been on a course to spray chem. however, courses need to include which type of chem to use on what type of lichen, moss etc or material. I'm sure your covered as long as the chemical is approved i.e. Benz.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums
this is the tihing m8 ill be useng sh with clever wash but only a week mix like 3%

Back