Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

ALDI Triple extension ladder

Ziggy88

Need to get a ladder, i will be doing 99% WFP so don't want to spend a fortune... I have seen a triple extension ladder in ALDI for £79.99 will this be good enough? If not can anyone recommend??

(ALDI LADDER)Features

Designed for strength and rigidity at any height

Heavy duty contoured feet and tips

150kg (23.6st) Maximum Load

Extends to a height of 4.7m (15ft 5in)

Fits inside most vans or estate cars when folded

37.0mm wide 'D' shaped rungs for extra comfort and security

Compliant with EN 131 safety standard

Number of sections: 3

Number of rungs per section: 7

Rung Pitch: 270.0mm

Thanks in advance! 

What size is the ladder? A triple 6ft?

I think you'd need something a bit longer personally. 15.5 ft fully extended isn't very high at all and fully extending it each time will become pretty wearisome pretty quickly.

Also if I'm climbing a ladder I prefer a trusted brand to support my weight.

I've seen the ladder in Aldi and it looks pretty well made. Probably the best you'll get inside a van. Whether its long enough depends what you will be using it for. For climbing onto balcony's, getting over gates etc will be fine. Won't be long enough to do gutters and will be difficult to clean windows upstairs off it as it won't be long enough to go above the window, it'll have to go below. On some houses that would work. Others it would be dangerous. I'd say at least 20' would be needed. More if the house is higher/garden drops away

The Aldi Ladder your on about is pretty much the same as the Abru ladder... Both 4.7m weighing 10 kg and only 2m closed length, which is a good lightweight ladder.. I've been using one for six years now... Never had any problems.. I use a stand off with mine... Get to all upper windows on you average house and I've done lots of gutter, sofitt and fascia jobs using them... I also like the way you can spit the top section away from the other two sections.. Handy if you get the occasional bolted locked back gate..

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I had a big double but found it cumbersome especially doing terraces due to height closed. So invested in a Abru triple extension ladder that is 2.21m closed length(7ft3inch),5.53m open length(18ft2inch), working reach height 6.14m(20ft2inch). Started using it today on terraces,fantastic difference especially when carrying down alleyways and between houses, fulfills all my height needs. Worth the £124 investment I made

id go for the abru 6.92m triple, when I bought mine I was £96 from b&q, take top section off and you'll still reach 90% if windows, and you got the extra section if you need it

Need to get a ladder, i will be doing 99% WFP so don't want to spend a fortune... I have seen a triple extension ladder in ALDI for £79.99 will this be good enough? If not can anyone recommend??

(ALDI LADDER)Features
Designed for strength and rigidity at any height
Heavy duty contoured feet and tips
150kg (23.6st) Maximum Load
Extends to a height of 4.7m (15ft 5in)
Fits inside most vans or estate cars when folded
37.0mm wide 'D' shaped rungs for extra comfort and security
Compliant with EN 131 safety standard
Number of sections: 3
Number of rungs per section: 7
Rung Pitch: 270.0mm

Thanks in advance! 
I bought it ages ago as a stop gap is wobbly as **** look online you can get better

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Back