Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Car or Van?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

M

Matthew Bridger

Morning all, first time poster, long time lurker here!

So last summer I turned my hand to some part-time trad cleaning alongside my other job. Really enjoyed it, and managed to just about run the whole thing out of my tiny Peugeot 107! Unfortunately due to me starting a new job, I did have the pack the window cleaning in. Though I am now looking to start again, although this time go full-time (if I can make it!). 

Either way I look at it, I'll need to upgrade my car to something bigger, as doing it from the Peugeot 107 really was a stretch with room (even only doing 100% trad).

Do I go for a bigger car, or do I go for a small van (Citroen Nemo size)? I will be doing primarily trad, though I will also be getting a WFP backpack to do those hard to reach windows above sloped roofs etc. Do you guys reckon its worth going for the van straight away to save having to upgrade at a later date, even though I haven't even started up a new business yet?

Thanks in advance fellas, 

Matt.

If you are serious .  Two points .  Get a van . Also if you are getting a backpack and pole etc . You may as well clean all windows that way and forget trad . 

Back