Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Window cleaning customers

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Beer

As my status states do anyone find window cleaning customers very annoying you go there do the work push a receipt in door and may collect following weekend but they always moan or are never happy in general ( not the quality of work ) just always on edge with cleaning windows to be honest

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Some just don't want to part with their money, Just keep at it and try getting some work in better areas if some of of your work areas are not the best, But even some of private estates they can be debted up to their eyeballs.

Just keep at it is the key really as long as you are getting paid it all takes time to get were you want or need to be.

I know what you mean.  You clean the windows but get this feeling like they don't want you there. They answer the door with a fake smile and take ages to pay having to be prompted a few times. Its like pulling teeth.

That's only half of them though, the other half are happy ,pleasant people who pay promptly etc. 

I think that's just how some people are though, some seem to be always depressed others are always jolly. I'm sure we all know people amongst our friends and family who are the same.

The only thing that matters is that they pay, if they do that I don't care if they are miserable buggers or not. If they pay they are a good customer if they don't then get rid.

It is frustrating though, you just have to think over time you will get rid of these people and replace with better ones.

Another tip is don't collect then you don't have to interact with the miserable gets. 

Ones that are never in and are on go cardless are my favourites

Last edited by a moderator:
I've only been going a couple of months and haven't got loads of customers.

But I already have a couple that I can't wait to get rid of!

It's the lack of communication from them that frustrates me, I'll message them a couple of days in advance to say when I'll be round, message them to say your bill is due and nothing!!! Not even a thank you! It's probably because they're stuck in a dead end job thinking how s@*? There life is. Rant over [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

I've only been going a couple of months and haven't got loads of customers.

But I already have a couple that I can't wait to get rid of!

It's the lack of communication from them that frustrates me, I'll message them a couple of days in advance to say when I'll be round, message them to say your bill is due and nothing!!! Not even a thank you! It's probably because they're stuck in a dead end job thinking how s@*? There life is. Rant over
emoji3.png

When you say the bill is due, are being paid on-line?

Yep paid online, I said from the start that payment is either cash at the time or I pop an invoice with bank details on through there letterbox, they then get 7 days to pay.

I think you might not be giving the personal touch, perhaps you could try not  telling them beforehand, unless you need access, then if they're not in, leave a note and call back at the weekend. After a while, when they have got to know how good you are, you can persuade them to pay on-line. (just a suggestion)

I think you might not be giving the personal touch, perhaps you could try not  telling them beforehand, unless you need access, then if they're not in, leave a note and call back at the weekend. After a while, when they have got to know how good you are, you can persuade them to pay on-line. (just a suggestion)
At the moment what I do is text my customers on Sunday that I'll be round that week but your saying not to tell them and if there not in don't clean there windows and come back another day? Surly this would waste a lot of time.

At the moment what I do is text my customers on Sunday that I'll be round that week but your saying not to tell them and if there not in don't clean there windows and come back another day? Surly this would waste a lot of time.

na just clean them if there not in and pop ticket through. better when you can do the job without them chatting to you anyway holding you up. if they are late with payments more than 3 times in one year bin them. plenty of fish in the sea

I would say a 7 day wait time is to long for payment 3 days after a clean I would be sending out text reminders, Don't waste time sending out texts to say you are due that week no point at all.

Insisting on cash payment on the day if at home when you call  or bacs payment is the best way to start out, Collecting is far to time consuming and a real pain I spent around 14 years doing cash collections before stopping it completely.

I would say a 7 day wait time is to long for payment 3 days after a clean I would be sending out text reminders, Don't waste time sending out texts to say you are due that week no point at all.

Insisting on cash payment on the day if at home when you call  or bacs payment is the best way to start out, Collecting is far to time consuming and a real pain I spent around 14 years doing cash collections before stopping it completely.
I thought if anything 7 days wasn't long enough lol.

With regards to texting the customer this is something I use as a selling point, after speaking to a lot of customers I found that not knowing when there window cleaner was coming around was something they didn't like.

You've got to make your self stand out from the rest and this is one thing I do to help that. Besides it's not difficult I've got all my customers names and numbers on my phone so it's just a case of selecting everyone on that round and writing one text, takes no longer then 5 mins

The issue clients have with not knowing is when they have been let down in the past when some cleaners are weeks behind for no real reason.

If you are keeping to schedule and only getting behind once in a blue moon by 2-3 days because of bad weather, Then they shouldn't mind at all.

I know a couple of cleaners who are weeks behind a few times a year because they can't be bothered to turn out or prioritise one off jobs instead of their regular clients.

As one of my customers said when he had no change so paid me £50 to cover next time

I said are you sure mate i can pop back later

He said it's no problem Dave you're as regular as **** i know you'll be round

All my customers pretty much know when i will turn up

Maybe when I grow and get a lot more customers then yeah maybe doing it my way won't work.

So iron Giant how do you work?

I thought if anything 7 days wasn't long enough lol.

With regards to texting the customer this is something I use as a selling point, after speaking to a lot of customers I found that not knowing when there window cleaner was coming around was something they didn't like.

You've got to make your self stand out from the rest and this is one thing I do to help that. Besides it's not difficult I've got all my customers names and numbers on my phone so it's just a case of selecting everyone on that round and writing one text, takes no longer then 5 mins

I've been window cleaning for many years and have found, through experience that most will know when I am due. I turn up to do the windows on a Wednesday for instance and they will say "I thought you'd be here, as you always come on a Wednesday". I don't plan it, it's just how it works out - shows how regular I am. I don't particularly like collecting, but I think it is an important part of the job, maintaining a contact with people that you won't get texting and online paying.

Inno mate just not enough customers to be Binning I'm surviving mainly on add ons

It takes a long time to build a good round, and you will get the Cr*p jobs, just put it one side, and use it as experience.

Back