Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

First 6 months on the glass !!!!!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Patrick Flaherty

Hi all,

Read loads on here before starting out as a windy and more since.....great site and thanks to everyone who has contributed. I guess this may help those wishing to join us all "on the glass".

I currently have a job working shifts and started out p/time as a windy on the 1st January. Got a small old Fiesta van and work using a Gardiners SLX25 & backpack and carry my pure water in barrels. Hopefully will be in a position next summer to get larger van and static tank and more equipment.  Mainly do wfp but some trad. I work a 6 week round to fit in with my roster but have the odd fortnightly & 8 weekly. I have small & large houses, some flats , couple of shops and the odd commercial job. I seem to pick up lots of F/S/G cleans and also have a gutter vac.

What advice can I give as a newbie myself  ????

1. Leave business cards everywhere.

2. Leaflets work

3. Say hello to everyone whilst you are cleaning.....they may walk up to you and want to become a customer one day

4. Get a website

5. Go and quote on every enquiry....DO not worry about trying to make a fortune, just get the job....more better paying work will come your way if they like you and your work !!!!

6. DON'T worry about getting a compact round in week one.....the gaps will close if you do 1,2, and 3 above.

7.And lastly, don't be treated as a fool and don't be scared to say NO to a job if it's dangerous, lots of aggro and if they think you are a fool !!!

Happy cleaning and remember to look after your pole !!!!     

Hi all,

Read loads on here before starting out as a windy and more since.....great site and thanks to everyone who has contributed. I guess this may help those wishing to join us all "on the glass".

I currently have a job working shifts and started out p/time as a windy on the 1st January. Got a small old Fiesta van and work using a Gardiners SLX25 & backpack and carry my pure water in barrels. Hopefully will be in a position next summer to get larger van and static tank and more equipment.  Mainly do wfp but some trad. I work a 6 week round to fit in with my roster but have the odd fortnightly & 8 weekly. I have small & large houses, some flats , couple of shops and the odd commercial job. I seem to pick up lots of F/S/G cleans and also have a gutter vac.

What advice can I give as a newbie myself  ????

1. Leave business cards everywhere.
2. Leaflets work
3. Say hello to everyone whilst you are cleaning.....they may walk up to you and want to become a customer one day
4. Get a website
5. Go and quote on every enquiry....DO not worry about trying to make a fortune, just get the job....more better paying work will come your way if they like you and your work !!!!
6. DON'T worry about getting a compact round in week one.....the gaps will close if you do 1,2, and 3 above.
 7.And lastly, don't be treated as a fool and don't be scared to say NO to a job if it's dangerous, lots of aggro and if they think you are a fool !!!

Happy cleaning and remember to look after your pole !!!!     

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Back