Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

4040 advice

WCF

Help Support WCF:

ksp

Hi guys,

I've just got a small rebate from being overtaxed so want to invest it wisely. I've seen this for sale for £550 for purifying water. Is there anything any else has seen that they can recommend that's similar? At the moment it takes me 7 hours to fill my 350ltr tank and I want something that'll fill it much faster. I know some guys have made their own for smaller amounts but I'm not sure how to go about it. IMG_2681.PNG

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Clark  booster pump CBM240E i make 500lts in 3 hours £322.80 MACHINE MART

76DA0795-EDC3-4822-AA1E-FD9225C05941-large.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheers Jason. I have a booster pump (for my current system that is a 400gpd )which increases my psi from 40 to 90 and increases the full time from something ridiculous like 24 hours to the 7 hours currently. The system in the pic is meant to produce around 2 litres of pure per minute with optimum conditions and it's the best price I've seen but just wondering if there are ways I can go about it to make it more cost friendly from my side as I'm on a strict budget currently. Meaning I can and do need to spend to grow but I have to be frugal and smarter than I have the capacity for in the way I go about it haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

One thing i would recommend is 20 inch pre filters and filter housings, what you could do, is try and source all the bits above separately you might save some money, but my best advice is make sure you get a decent 4040 membrane, like Axon, there are some cheaper ones on the market but you do get what you pay for, and bere in mind its all tax deductible.    

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I agree with what Jason said regarding the prefilters. 20" would be better.

I've got 20" prefilters and a 40" membrane boosted to 120 psi. I make about 300 litres in an hour or so. Water out of membrane is currently 008PPM.

Hope this helps.

Ok cheers tuffers. I've messaged the guy on eBay selling the one with 20" pre-filters asking if he can change the membrane for a low pressure one. Hopefully all going smoothly I'll get that. What size resin vessel do you have? I was looking at 11 litres.

Ok cheers tuffers. I've messaged the guy on eBay selling the one with 20" pre-filters asking if he can change the membrane for a low pressure one. Hopefully all going smoothly I'll get that. What size resin vessel do you have? I was looking at 11 litres.

I've got an 11 litre vessel.

The reason the second item description is cheaper is because the membrane is not as of good quality, im not saying its bad, but you might be changing it, sooner than a for instance AXON one.

If I purchased the second one, could I replace the membrane with a better one or are the housings specifically designed for the different types of membranes?

Bit late but I always advise looking at the manufacturing specifications and don't get fooled what is advertised. TCW call the membrane Ultra Low which is what the manufacturer describes it. In fact when you look at the specification of the manufacturer Vontron made in China the PSI rating is 150 which is no good with household tap water. Rejection rate is 98%. It is 100% not like for like on and Axeon HF5. 

You ought to speak to June at GAPS Water, shes very knowledgeable and her prices are on par with others.

I have dealt with her for years and she's never let me down or sold me something i didn't need.

Hope this helps

Dennis

Just a quick question...my tap pressure has gone up from 20psi to 60psi, I bought a booster pump because of the low pressure before my pressure went up to 60. I have an HF5 membrane will this still be ok to use seeing as my pressure out of the booster is now 120 or should I run with this membrane until its knackered and buy an HF4 next time?

Just a quick question...my tap pressure has gone up from 20psi to 60psi, I bought a booster pump because of the low pressure before my pressure went up to 60. I have an HF5 membrane will this still be ok to use seeing as my pressure out of the booster is now 120 or should I run with this membrane until its knackered and buy an HF4 next time?
Presumably it'll depend on the psi requirements for the membrane? I saw some hf5 from axeon that worked best at 80psi but I'm not sure if the requirements fluctuate for different manufacturers. If it was too much you could stop using the booster pump.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

@Tuffers. Is it not possible to fit a bypass tap system to the output of the booster pump back into the input side? I could be mistaken, but doesn't the PF booster pump use this system to regulate output pressure?

http://purefreedom.co.uk/product/large-booster-pump-with-fittings/

Maybe someone could enlighten us.

Latest Posts

Back