Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

2 Biocide jobs to day

WCF

Help Support WCF:

tench0771

49a9239b90aa07c5f107ecc2773e3eca.jpg
faccb5a31e754eeaa70e5f1f3e95f6ae.jpg

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

One paying job and the small roof is mine used the left over in my back pack let's wate and see the results [emoji41]

its more of a experment m8 as i had some left over biocide in my back pack so desided to spray my small roof just intreeged to see some resaults 

ive resprayed my roof at home litchin is dead but no change in colour still the same lol :1f44e:   as for the other job ill be there in a few weeks so we will see if that one is any different :1f446:

Which Biocide you using & are you in a hard water area?

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Active ingredient in a biocide is DDAC. If DDAC is not the active ingredient then it's an inferior product & will not work in a hard water area so will need mixing with pure

I only see the benefit of biocide as a preventative measure not to clean a job

Hard getting customers who want to part with money when their roof or walls etc still looks the same

It is very good stuff though for post treating an already cleaned job to prevent anything growing back.. then upsell a yearly maintenance spray

thats a good ider dave about the yearly plan can i ask would you give a beta price as its one applacation spray and walk away with out having to mess about like a first clean hypo job as u could be there 4 hours on a realy bad job,  u could clean 3 big walls with bio in 30 minits with ease ! 

Last edited by a moderator:
44ae27f4e34acb2cbdbf1d0418a38ef6.jpg
1609f64f300a50562ec2a2c1434f42b2.jpg

as u can see from the pic i sprayed the last bit of pre mixed benz bio on my green ish pazing slabs well it was only on for 10 minits then its hammerd down but u can see were there is a cleaner patch if this was left on for a few days or weeks with out rain im shore they would be clean so just goes to show it can work i think on green algie its much beta  i allmost lost confendence in it as its not worked on my porch roof just killed the yellow lichin  :1f644:

Just a side note but with Biocide (definition a pesticide or herbicide designed to kill living organisims) you are aware that if using it on a customers property the law requires you to have a PA1 and PA6 certificate. 

As I say. Just a side note. 

There are no government certified training courses specifically geared towards soft washing. And there are no guidelines from the government, HSE (Health & Safety Excecutive) or PCD (Irish Pesticide Control Division) as to what such training should include

Carry right on then chaps and simply ignore the fact that for use of a pesticide (which by it's very definition is what a biocide is) you are legally required to have PA1 and (dependant on applicator set up) PA2 or PA6. 

I dont give a shite what you all do to be frank. It's just informatiin sharing. 

An FYI @Paddy McNally there is no gov cert for 'softwashing' as it simply means the least aggressive method of cleaning available so that would literally break down to nothing more than a bucket of water and a sponge.  There are however plenty of guidelines and laws the second you start to add chemicals.  The fact that as a hole the industry to date has chose to ignore this does not mean it does not exist. 

Back