Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

HAVING ISSUES WITH MOERMAN GEAR?

All excellent tips Pete. I think this is where the frustration comes from with a lot of new users (especially the yanks :) ). This tool does require a technique change and the set up of the rubber needs to be pedantically consistent...nice to revisit this one again. 

All excellent tips Pete. I think this is where the frustration comes from with a lot of new users (especially the yanks :) ). This tool does require a technique change and the set up of the rubber needs to be pedantically consistent...nice to revisit this one again. 
Thanks m8! yeah if folks aren't willing to change or adapt a little bit to the tool it won't work for them. It's amazing how even small things in life such as a different kind of squeegee can baffle and frustrate those who refuse to change. The people who truly can succeed in not just simply using a tool but in anything are the ones that can cope with change and adaptation. Those that want to stick to what they have always known will eventually be left in the past. The world moves forward in everything... even a squeegee ;)

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Just dont buy any moreman if they have problems.
there tools are brill, it's people that can't use them

That is what winds me up @Eric Gilliand @Trad-Man

The guys who complain and rubbish the tools without taking the time to learn how to use them properly

Doesn't take long and the time spent is an investment as it improves the working day no end

Last edited by a moderator:
That is what winds me up @Eric Gilliand @Trad-Man

The guys who complain and rubbish the tools without taking the time to learn how to use them properly

Doesn't take long and the time spent is an investment as it improves the working day no end
Yep :) there's a current thread on one of the US Facebook groups where some twit runs over his LQ channel with his truck (on purpose)... he had used it off and on for at LEAST 3 hours and in his opinion it was a POS, the inane comments that followed are mind numbing. I really can't understand the extreme vitriol these tools generate. Surely it's common sense that if you don't or can't master them, simply move on. Good lord, my self image isn't defined by what I can or cannot use in my work...

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks m8! yeah if folks aren't willing to change or adapt a little bit to the tool it won't work for them. It's amazing how even small things in life such as a different kind of squeegee can baffle and frustrate those who refuse to change. The people who truly can succeed in not just simply using a tool but in anything are the ones that can cope with change and adaptation. Those that want to stick to what they have always known will eventually be left in the past. The world moves forward in everything... even a squeegee ;)

there tools are brill, it's people that can't use them

Oh ok. I wouldn't know never really used a squeegee. 

I have problems sometimes, then go home at end of day have a coffee get the problem liquidator in my hand and soap up one of my windows and use it....and it works perfectly.

Could be my angle of attack especially if I am up a ladder working with it methinks!!! and not the tool.

Nice tips, I find mine increasingly frustrating, especially now I don't trad very much anymore.  The rubber moving about is the single biggest problem so I'll try the green clips.  Didn't ever like the paper clip fix!

Good job

Also I wonder if moermans are more like golf clubs ...in that the right selection of channel size to window is slightly more critical because of turning circle issues????

I ordered  green clips after seeing comments, and they have arrived (E-Bay)and have put them onto my two liquidator channels, will use Monday.

I ordered  green clips after seeing comments, and they have arrived (E-Bay)and have put them onto my two liquidator channels, will use Monday.
Being a touch 'tight' I slice my green clips in half (lengthwise). That way I use the two halves (one clip) to secure one channel :) yes there is some Scots blood in there somewhere and I do live in Denedin NZ (Edinburgh of the south).

Latest Posts

Back