Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Upvc max

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Just had a look at this stuff and had a look at the msds sheet, going by the chemical mix in it, this stuff could rock big style! Looking forward to hearing your first impressions of it  :1f44d:

Everyone raves about it on Facebook. I'll be interested in your review.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Just used upvc max for the first time today!! My verdict...... Ive used nearly every chemical out there I've used tfr which in my opinion is probably the cheapest and quickest way although it has its risks. I've used ubik, virisol and even tried hypo over the years and all have there downsides!! I used upvc max today for the first time and I'm well impressed seems to even get rid of tiger stripes too! The end result is massive, clean shiny plastics. Although I would say it's not the quickest cleaner I've used but it defiantly gives the best results even used it on 2 new cleans today and the frames and glass were so shiny!!! Here's a before and after pic but they don't even do it justice! I'm no salesman but I've used nearly all the products from cif to solvent cleaners and hypo! Can honestly say this is the best I've used for finished results! Give it a try! 

20170704_152917.jpg

20170704_163205.jpg

20170704_152907.jpg

20170704_163209.jpg

Looks like it's been hypo'd 

Nice job

Almost as good as my own magic mix (not to be disclosed lol)

It's not the quickest cleaner about and still needs a bit of elbow grease but the final results are amazing! Looked like someone had fitted new facias, the pics don't do it justice they never do! Carnt wait to try it on some really bad tiger striping to see how it fairs :)

That makes me laugh when people are saying sodium hypoclorite is overkill but stuff containing sodium hydroxide which is caustic soda is fine to use and will cost more to buy

Looks effective though

Hypochlorite is overkill used it a few times and and turns gutters orange even with a weak mix but they do eventually go back white. Your clothes get stained and stinks plus I was nervous as the splash back could of went next door I'd rather use something that's safe.

0a7767af57328ba562ba258c8e9b96db.png

Don't know if this helps but this is the chemical mixture from the data sheet on the aims website.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Hypochlorite is overkill used it a few times and and turns gutters orange even with a weak mix but they do eventually go back white. Your clothes get stained and stinks plus I was nervous as the splash back could of went next door I'd rather use something that's safe.
I've done 3 first cleans today including a fascia job using hypo in a spray bottle to apply to brush

Only about 1% which is 1.3l hypo and 18.7l water which is weak as anything

Nothing stained yellow and also not bothered about it getting on plants as it will do nothing to them at that strength 

If something goes yellow at that strength you cam guarantee it will be white again before you finish

No stained clothes and no stench

My tie dyed clothes are only for patios etc lol

Each to their own but i find it more effective than anything else

I deffo liked using hypo on conny roofs but just paranoid when I used it for gutters as goes everywhere. 2 houses I cleaned the gutter and Window frames went orange especially the clips. I've got a another Facia to do tomoz so will see how the upvc max is again but was brilliant on the other 2 jobs I did.

This was a first clean i just did with 1% hypo in a spray bottle

It doesn't really bleach anything when applied but put the water on and clean like a regular clean and it all melts off

Collage 2017-07-05 16_12_20.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
No hypo in ubik

It does have a dash of sodium hydroxide  (caustic soda) though

Back