Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Spotless water filling stations

I used to buy water from one of the guys behind spotless water

When i heard it was going up to 5p a litre i decided to get an ro and now i pay peanuts.. especially with no meter

It will work i think

It's backed by a big car valeting firm who will also use the water

Ok for an emergency but it is a machine and machines break down. I wouldn't rely on them for all my water. Even with a tds of 260 I'd still be cheaper using double Di.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

I use about 2000l a week.

My yearly water production costs are about £300.

Using this system would cost me about 5 grand a year!

The idea is great, the price is beyond ridiculous. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it's aimed at newbies, so they haven't got the set up costs of R/O's, and second job cleaners. You also have people, living in flats, who have difficulty in making pure. 

Yes it's expensive but if you use a few hundred litres a week it is a lot easier. 

Wow that's expensive! I wish them luck but in the portsmouth area there are already a number of suppliers and even the most expensive I know of is cheaper! I guess handy in an emergency but really how often out of normal office hours do any of us need emergency supplies of pure at this price!

Very nice concept! If the price was better I think they could do very well in hard water areas, don't think there would be much interest in the soft water areas of the country, but I may be wrong! 

100 sites around the country, what kind of outlay would this be? Plus staffing them. It can't work, surely?
Wouldn't think that they would need to staff them. Auto shut off would keep reservoir full so only need a service once in a while. Capital outlay would be big, and cost of sites would be their main costs. 

Wouldn't think that they would need to staff them. Auto shut off would keep reservoir full so only need a service once in a while. Capital outlay would be big, and cost of sites would be their main costs. 

How would they know if one had broke down, wait for a customer to call them asking why there's no water coming out?

Wow that's expensive! I wish them luck but in the portsmouth area there are already a number of suppliers and even the most expensive I know of is cheaper! I guess handy in an emergency but really how often out of normal office hours do any of us need emergency supplies of pure at this price!

Considering it would cost me 25 quid for the day I think I'd just have the day off it i run out

How would they know if one had broke down, wait for a customer to call them asking why there's no water coming out?
That was the final straw for me @Tuffers

I went to his unit one morning and there was a sign up saying closed due to breakdown

Phoned him and he said di was reading 27 when he went in that morning so had to close

He was only ever there once or twice a week (was a basic self serve just hose with trigger and analogue meter to write readings down for start and finish to be charged for the water)

Spoke to another local windie that afternoon who had filled up early doors before he got there and noticed and like most of us assumed it was 000 so never tested it

So he had cleaned all day with 27 and how many others did i don't know

That and the price rise means better off making it myself

4p a litre for 27ppm.. what a joke

Considering it would cost me 25 quid for the day I think I'd just have the day off it i run out
£25 to keep me out working would be worth it as that would be covered in 45 minutes lol but i would just shoot home now and refill

Only ever 3-4 miles from home max

Back