Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

I am thinking of getting a dog

davewindowcleaner

Do any of you have dogs you take to work with you every day

The dog I would like to get is a staffy or cross staffy

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
I love dogs. Wanted one all my life, but I waited till I felt I would be a decent, responsible owner. My favourite breed of choice is the Vizsla. I have one crossed with a Weimaraner. She looks exactly the same but chocolate brown colour. Prob a bit big, but a staffy would be ideal. I really like the blue coloured ones. I like all dogs really. Go for it!

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Yes Dave - depending what I've got on. If it's an all-dayer and it's hot, then defo not, but if I'm in and around my area, then yes. I often pick her up on the way thru from job-job. She loves it [emoji106][emoji1] There's always plenty of places to run her out for the loo. I just take her drinking bowl with us.

She loves a good day out
78c1caaa10bc58eb41d8338c487eba6c.jpg

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Mine is crossed with that one eye [emoji1318]vizsla/Weimaraner
2c17261516fd9da6841e61eecfe0dded.jpg
1f7667b5555c8fcd2c15e8c1141f6ae5.jpg

I like vislas too, almost decided on one before we got My Weimaraner. he is nuts, 8 years old on sing of slowing down. I live backing onto miles of country side and from spring to the end of summer I worry for wildlife, he once was inches away from taking out a red squirrel, I would have been gutted. He came from a Working bloodline, all instinct best guard dog you could wish for never a moments problem with the kids and the loudest bark you have ever heard. I've been in a few sticky situations and with him by my side I know I'm alright. But No way is he ever coming to work with me, Lol.

when i had a 350 tank these 2 were with me every day in summer they used to lie on the tank to keep cool, got my son and a 400 upright in the van now and i miss them 

DSC_0006_1.JPG

Haha...great [emoji106] Mine is more chilled and totally obedient. I trained her well on my own. She just wants to do what I want her to do. Never have her on a lead , just don't need to. Mines never been into the hunting game. She's very compassionate. She'll chase a muntjac, but soon as she realises she can catch it, she pulls back. She doesn't want to hurt it. Same with rabbits. She'd love a cat thou [emoji23] I think she has more Vizsla characteristics about her. She's not big like a Weimy. Her Mum was huge.

the ridgeback is an awesome guard dog, the staffy is a sad embarrassment, scratch her and she'd sit on your knee while you drove the van away lol  

Attachments

• Marvin.jpg
    Marvin.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 1
Have anyone of you adopted your dog?

This is a beautiful dog call marvin who is 5 years old need a home. Picture below.

This is the kind of dogs I love but any staffy I looking to adopt must be comfortable around young children. 

View attachment 10615

my staffy is a rescue, someone left her locked in a flat and disappeared , i clean the kennels where the rspca put her and took her for a quick walk n that was it , most loving dog i've had needs to be in contact with you all the time and yes she sleeps with us under the covers 

Have anyone of you adopted your dog?

There is a beautiful dog call marvin who is 5 years old need a home. Picture below.

This is the kind of dogs I love but any staffy I look to adopt must be comfortable around young children. 

View attachment 10615
I took in a lurcher and he was an amassing dog but he clearly had been beaten even after years with us he winced his eyes when we put our hands toward his head to stroke him. 

Back