Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Sky Vac on these type of gutters

WCF

Help Support WCF:

THL4KEL

Alright lads has anyone done a gutter vacuum clean on these kind of gutters. They look a lot wider than residential. 

Do you think it's a ladder job? 

What would you charge for 80 meters of it?  

It has a fair bit of vegetation in it. 

Cheers 

20170711_091340.jpg

The depth and width are a problem, if you can ladder them then that is the way to do it. Pro Gutter tools with extension on an adapted reach and wash pole is in my opinion the fastest way to do gutters. Ladder beside down pipe and someone fetching muck to you, just move ladders every 10 meters. I would allow 4 hours and charge between £350 & £450, depending where in the country you are. 

Cheers PT im in Durham.

Would you lean the ladder on the cladding or the actual gutter all looks thin metal? What would place ladder just on grass? 

Due to H/S they like the vacuum idea but part of it on the other side needs ladders anyway.

I work alone so might take me longer but that's not a problem. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I would buy the biggest Stand-Off you can get and either lean it against the roof or as close to, but not on, the gutter. These gutters tend to have straps, securing it, every couple of metres or so. This makes vacuuming slow, if you can I would get a pal to foot the ladders, for the H&S department. If you haven't got gutter tools buy a small headed brush and use that to rake muck towards you. The outlying parts of Durham is very competitive on window cleaning, I do a Nursing Home in Crook and they tell me what they pay for their houses, so I would try and find out where they're thinking pricewise before spending any money.   

Don't see why you can't use a Sky Vac, if there are supports across the gutter every couple of meters it will be a pain but not impossible.

Does your insurance cover the use of ladders?

deffo progutter job. Stand off will be needed but as for the bottom, if you cant get a ladder m8trix or similar just dig the feet into the grass, ladder won't go anywhere, grass is Imo safer then most materials to place a ladder on as it will dig in, as long as your sensible with placing it. If its full of plants it'll be easier as it will come out like a roll of turf, instead of little bits, just drop them into a bucket on the floor.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Posts

Back