Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Van choice

M

Matt Cook

Hi guys more advice needed, need a van but the more you look at the net the more faults you find. Got it down to either, berlingo 3 seater 1.6hdi, transit connect or Vauxhall combo Amy for and against advice would be appreciated. I wanna spend as little as poss but whilst being reliable and look professional.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Up to about 4K but I have now been advised to go bigger vivaro/traffic kinda size to fit gutter vac in etc???

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

I bought a citroen dispatch and wished id have gone for a bigger van. Purefreedom put a 500l system in and i need a bigger one. Ahhh well

Its not just space that some need to consider, Payload is very important I am looking to switch motors next year and just getting a 400ltr tank fitted I am going to need a payload close to 950kg and I just do windows and pvc cleaning 

Payload was what i meant Giant. Didnt look into it fully when i bought the citroen. Good van tho

@matress thats the only things with going wfp the weight can easily add up very quickly and some lads no doubt just don't realise how heavy all the gear can be.

When I switch I could probably get a way with a smaller van payload of 700kg as all my gear with tank will weigh close to 650kg but I don't want to be driving a van that I am almost maxing out the payload everyday incase it causes premature strain and wear on the van. 

I am looking at getting a Fiat Doblo as for a smaller low roof van they have a higher payload than other vans that are higher priced such as fords and vw caddy's 

Connect has a 625 payload if I got a full 350ltr tank 350 kg plus a gutter vac should still be comfortably with in the payload?? Or am I wrong ? Is 1ltr = 1kg?

Don't forget the weight of the tank which will be around 30kg so full of water @ 380kg.

Then fuel, hose reel along with battery and a few other bits and pieces and gutter vac maybe another 100kg

I suppose so it's surprising how the little things edge up toward the limit, I'm considering the caddy with the 800+ payload the sdi seems pretty reliable. I found a nice Renault trafic but heard a lot of horror stories about them

I am pretty clueless with motors, But my mate reckons if your conscious about repair bills as well a caddy is a good option as the parts will be cheap as their are loads on the roads along with fords just the old ones can have rust issues

I am pretty clueless with motors, But my mate reckons if your conscious about repair bills as well a caddy is a good option as the parts will be cheap as their are loads on the roads along with fords just the old ones can have rust issues

Yeah I like the idea of the caddy sdi it's non turbo so slow as **** but one less thing to go wrong all my mileage is local so don't need speed

Back