Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

He hose real

yeah, i was little underwhelmed when i fitted mine, but actually in day to day use its perfect, safe if somebody steps on it and does drag the flower pots all over the garden when it gets snagged... very occasionally have to coil it up and dump it at the back of the van rather than wind it in around several tight corners.

How long have you all had yours do they last ?

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums
Got mine bout march no major problems just try keep it well oiled the chain , wasn't paying attention when reeling in last week and it all got tangled behind chain was my fault but just keep a few tools in van coz I needed a couple of spanners to loosen it all so I could get my hose back out , but like I said that was my fault not watching it , seems to work a lot faster the more ur battery is charged aswell

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Thanks paulwills I'll keep that in mind, it should make my days a bit easier than normal. I thought that the chain was not oiled at all so will put some on .

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

I think it used to wind in a lot faster when it was first released but they must have reduced it, At the end of the day safety is a key thing if you have your head in your van winding your hose and its reeling in really fast and someone gets their foot caught and you floored them their would be serious repercussions. 

Gripptank have done  a electric reel with controller close to £1,000 which reels in slower and stops it someone stands on it automatically, Maybe waterworks did a re-think after this came to market or started considering the safety aspect a bit more.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it used to wind in a lot faster when it was first released but they must have reduced it, At the end of the day safety is a key thing if you have your head in your van winding your hose and its reeling in really fast and someone gets their foot caught and you floored them their would be serious repercussions. 

Gripptank have done  a electric reel with controller close to £1,000 which reels in slower and stops it someone stands on it automatically, Maybe waterworks did a re-think after this came to market or started considering the safety aspect a bit more.
 That was mine, its currently sat collecting dust lol.

Got twin Hd reels in my van and i do rate them. I wanted to make a chain driven cox reel but it looks like purefreedom have done it now. 

Got twin Hd reels in my van and i do rate them. I wanted to make a chain driven cox reel but it looks like purefreedom have done it now. 
I still reckon your cox reel is better than the hd mate 

Slower but i reckon you could winch a car with it without the autostop on it

The hd struggles as you know with a lot of hose out on grass etc

Saying that though the hd don't half reel in quick

I still reckon your cox reel is better than the hd mate 

Slower but i reckon you could winch a car with it without the autostop on it

The hd struggles as you know with a lot of hose out on grass etc

Saying that though the hd don't half reel in quick

Yeah I know mate. The new purefreedom reel uses my controller I had designed. 

Probably will buy a pair of them tbh as they look well made, depends on price though. 

I've seen the new transit custom facelift this week and I've been down to ford and I can place in an order in Dec. 

So my new new van will be kitted out how I wanted it. Give simon a pair of HD's so he can brake em ???

Yes I know lol, I watched the vid on youtube last weekend.

Latest Posts

Back