Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Best time to boost a FB post

Time doesn't matter really as FB will decide when it is actually shown to what ever audience you chose. 

In regard to spreading over x days that depends on what audience you chose and when you started the boost. For example, some days would be quieter like a Saturday evening when a lot of people go out.

I tend to spread over a week as a minimum amount of time. However, i have noticed recently FB has changed the default time to 3 days unless you change it so I don't know. Sometimes it's a bit of trial and error but do the trialling with a smaller budget to start with.

Tried the selling groups when they first started years ago for carpet cleaning and all I ever got was messers and price shoppers. I did try the selling groups with window cleaning once and results where very similar. I'd much rather hit my target audience with a boosted post.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

I have tried advertising on Facebook but felt that it was not effective for my window cleaning business. The platform I have succeeded with is Google Adwords. Basically I'm paying for every click. If people don't visit my website I'm not paying anything. I like this type of system because only the people who are interested in my services will click on my link.

It's important to get the keywords right here. But because my business is local, it's not a big issue. You could try "window cleaning + your city/town".

Well I've came to the conclusion it's just not worth it. Potential audience of 17000 with age group 25-65 ( nothing else changed) and they might only show it to 640 people for £30. Not worth wasting £30 for.
8d999fb0f19adb4e23125c0ba9b54357.jpg

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Well I've came to the conclusion it's just not worth it. Potential audience of 17000 with age group 25-65 ( nothing else changed) and they might only show it to 640 people for £30. Not worth wasting £30 for.

With nothing else changed other than age it's going to be way to broad. 

You need to set your audience to focus on a specific area (town or city) so the ad is the only shown to people in that area. No point advertising to someone at the other end of the country. 

I will boost the odd post for £3.00 and get 1-2 jobs I have spent £15.00 and got nowt.

I have concluded it's a waste of time and money, FB can take you through a process of tweaking your post to get the best results but it said I was either to specific or not enough [emoji13]

I've not found FB to be particularly effective. Well, not for the cost of the ad campaigns I was running. But anyway, I found Saturday mornings worked best for me.

Back