Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

4021 adding DI

Carts69

Hi, I've just purchased the 4021 ro system, as the water I'm saving is required to be zero, I wish to incorporate a di vessel, my question is.. does it matter what size canister I purchase & where & how do I connect this di, may seem a stupid question but..I'm still new to all this, a diagram or image would be great? Thanks

Oh hang on.. on the champ housing at one end I have a sticker saying "to di vessel", at the other end I have a connection as to where a tube just pushes in, maybe you can advise on how I connect up the di vessel via these two outlets on the champ housing?

Oh hang on.. on the champ housing at one end I have a sticker saying "to di vessel", at the other end I have a connection as to where a tube just pushes in, maybe you can advise on how I connect up the di vessel via these two outlets on the champ housing?
 The champ housing has 2 end housings. One has a single port (this is the inlet from the prefilters) the the other end has 2 ports. The port on the side is the waste port and the port in the center is the pure outlet to di vessel.

My membrane housing is fitted vertically. The yellow hose at the bottom is the inlet from the prefilters. The waste has a gate valve so I can adjust the amount of waste I'm sending to the drain.  The pure is at the top and is an ordinary hose directly onto the inlet of the di vessel.

The 4021 works the same way.

4040 ro 053a.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the additional photo. I thought you had the r/o inlet connected up to the wrong side. Your additional photo confirmed you haven't. If this port on the same side as the inlet is 'open' then it needs to be blanked off.

Gardiners sell an r/o housing that has 4 ports and the instructions are to use the supplied blanking plug to plug the port on the inlet side.

I'm not sure why this has another open port which has obviously been used as it has a john guest fitting so there must be some application where it's used.

When you switch the r/o on, does water come out and is it pure (same tds as the pure on the opposite end?)

http://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/all-products/pump-hose/hose-fittings-adapters/john-guest-fittings/1-2-fittings/john-guest-a-plug.html

The other end is correct. The waste is the port with the tap and the pure is the one with the Hozelok connector.

Last edited by a moderator:
Morning Spruce, I don't have the system connected yet, this is just the set up stage, I'm unsure if water leaks from this port, the instructions do not state or show any blanking of this port!

The system was purchased from DAQUA (if that's any help?)

You've got it set up right the only thing I have noticed is you have screwed in the John Guest fitting into the port. This is a spare which we supply in case the inlet one breaks.

On the right hand side the male hoselock that is your treated water so you connect that to your Di Vessel with a hose using the connectors in your package. You just need to add some hose.

The Gate valve that is your waste so goes to the drain.

When you start it have the valve fully open so the pressure gauge will be reading zero. Run for around 15 mins then set your waste and pure 50/50 by slowly turning the gate valve. Do not close it as you will damage your membrane. Once you have done that then connect it to your DI Vessel then switch your pump on.

Any more problems give us a shout

Ahh, my stupid action confusing things, I shall remove the John Guest as it doesn't belong there, thanks Doug & Spruce for your help, just need some hose & DI & im good to go, cheers again guys.

Another quick question regarding the booster pump, will the pump be just as effective the further away it is from the supply tap my tank is in the shed which is approximately 30 metres away from the water supply, so the water will need to travel down the hose through the back garden, I have no electric supply near the tap.?

Morning Spruce, I don't have the system connected yet, this is just the set up stage, I'm unsure if water leaks from this port, the instructions do not state or show any blanking of this port!

The system was purchased from DAQUA (if that's any help?)

Hi,

I would check with Doug and ask him. You might put a thin bit of wire into the JG fitting and see if its open or not. It could well be blanked off. But if it is then I'm confused as to why Doug would put a JG fitting into it.

Spruce.. Doug replied this morning regarding this, it appears I screwed this JG in a blank port, yea I know  :1f644:  can even remember doing it! This JG is simply a spare & certainly not for where I screwed it in, all sorted now, it's no wonder you was baffled by it.

Another quick question regarding the booster pump, will the pump be just as effective the further away it is from the supply tap my tank is in the shed which is approximately 30 metres away from the water supply, so the water will need to travel down the hose through the back garden, I have no electric supply near the tap.?

The pump needs to be close to the R/O system so use around 1/2 - 1 metre hose from pump to the pre filters. Look on the pump and you will see an arrow → this to pre filters. Never let the pump run dry

Doug, 

i have just set the 4021, can I tell you what I have & can you confirm if the figures are right,

TDS before going into the system 340, TDS on exit & before DI is 15, I have roughly a 50/50 ratio pure/waste, tap pressure before pump was 30psi, pump pressure now running at 90psi & have produced around 230 litres in 95 minutes, 0.00ppm produced via 11 .7 litre DI in line.

Do these figures sound right to you?

Doug, 

i have just set the 4021, can I tell you what I have & can you confirm if the figures are right,

TDS before going into the system 340, TDS on exit & before DI is 15, I have roughly a 50/50 ratio pure/waste, tap pressure before pump was 30psi, pump pressure now running at 90psi & have produced around 230 litres in 95 minutes, 0.00ppm produced via 11 .7 litre DI in line.

Do these figures sound right to you?

I would stick to 80 PSI rating around 55 waste, 45 pure. Figures are okay. The more you increase the pressure the less litres of water the pump will push out so I found having it at 80 psi gives a better result.

Ok Doug, all noted & thanks! One final question.. I'm just wondering how long I can leave the unit idle, at this early stage I don't intend to use it on a daily basis, how long can it sit without being used before things go wrong, or should I run it briefly regularly?

Would it affect the filters or membrane if it wasn't used often enough?

Back