Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Wooden connys

adamangler

Wakefield Window Warrior
Been asked to clean this.

Never cleaned a wooden one before

Any potential problems?

Apparently it's a bit flaky she's not bothered as wants it cleaning before someone comes to repaint it all.

Just wondering if the green slime is likely to have soaked I to untreated parts of the frame?

IMG_1153.jpg

IMG_1150.jpg

IMG_1151.jpg

Access looks like a nightmare too. I've done a similar one but more of a lean to; conservatory ladder, magic sponge and lots of tap water to rinse. The one I did also leaked all over the place even though it looked in really good condition (except the paintwork was as chalky as hell). Are the finials wood - they look like they could be plastic from the pictures? I'd be tempted to tell them you'd be better cleaning it once it's painted - the painters are guaranteed to get paint and cr4p all over it anyway!

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Personally I wouldn't touch that with a barge pole let alone a wfp !!!!! Let the painters do it more trouble than it's worth 

Been done.

No way was all the green coming off, it was engrained.

Just gave it all a good scrub and got rid of any moss, muck and debris. she was happy with tha as it was ready to sand down and paint.

Priced it for the day but was done in 3 hours, so cleared out the gutters to drag it out a bit longer.

Back