Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

shop front quote help

P

philb

Hi

I have just been asked to give a quote for cleaning the windows at a restaurant. How often would you normally clean the windows at a restaurant & how much would you charge for this?

thanks

mia maria.jpg

I would suggest inside and out fortnightly, would hope to get £15, ground floor only £20 for both floors, up in the North East. However shops up here tend to be done trad and get done very cheaply.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would suggest inside and out fortnightly, would hope to get £15, ground floor only £20 for both floors, up in the North East. However shops up here tend to be done trad and get done very cheaply.
Ah didn't even think they might want inside as well.

does that include the 2 upstairs windows as well? Thanks

£8 out £16 in and out, recommend weekly, if they want it less than fortnightly double it again (£16/£32) think of all the grease!!

Depends on whether you're going to do it trad or WFP and parking restrictions. Trad might be difficult unless you use a wagtail on a pole. If they want insides done how would you reach the top of the glass? My advice would be leave it alone unless it will be straight forward.  I'd guess the top windows are a flat where residents rent, so would they want their windows cleaned? Probably not. You might get a tenner for the outsides only, but would they pay £20 for inside and out? I doubt it. I think it possibly looks a ballache.

Depends on whether you're going to do it trad or WFP and parking restrictions. Trad might be difficult unless you use a wagtail on a pole. If they want insides done how would you reach the top of the glass? My advice would be leave it alone unless it will be straight forward.  I'd guess the top windows are a flat where residents rent, so would they want their windows cleaned? Probably not. You might get a tenner for the outsides only, but would they pay £20 for inside and out? I doubt it. I think it possibly looks a ballache.
The upstairs windows are part of the restaurant. I quoted £20 inside & out. He agreed and wants it done weekly. I plan to do it wfp externally & trad internal - a little phased at the thought of trad'ing the big front windows internally - will need to use a ladder/steps to reach top of glass. ?

Got 1st clean tomorrow so will let you know how I get on

Who in the right mind would pay £32 to get those windows cleaned.

ground floor in and out £15 every 2 wks
nobody, but that's the point. They'd need doing at least fortnightly otherwise it would take ages due to the grease inside. Once agreed to do a kebab shop monthly, was like a first clean again inside!! So I now push at least fortnightly or go high so at least its worthwhile on the slim chance they say yes!!

Update 

did the job yesterday was all ok until started cleaning the big gf windows inside - a nightmare to work round lights hanging down & big spiral staircase near 1. 

Must have recleaned them in areas 2 or 3 times and I still wasn't happy.

lets see if next time is easier and better

Update 

did the job yesterday was all ok until started cleaning the big gf windows inside - a nightmare to work round lights hanging down & big spiral staircase near 1. 

Must have recleaned them in areas 2 or 3 times and I still wasn't happy.

lets see if next time is easier and better
You'll find a better way, I would scour the Trad section on here. Fairly sure you'll find some good hints.

looking at that big window, there isn't great access to it but at least that means it shouldn't get very marked/dirty on the inside after a week with there being no customer access to the glass. With that in mind, now you've done a 1st clean and got it up to standard you could probably keep on top of it weekly with a pole and a microfiber pad on the end and just give it a quick buff over. Would be a lot quicker and no step ladder needed. Could use a spray bottle with pure water and bit of distilled vinegar to stop grease building up.

Have to say, personally I dont bother with shops anymore. Find they have no loyalty. As they are in retail a very competitive business they will happily drop you for a cheaper price. I've had 3 shops n my whole time and lost everyone to undercutting, one to a girl still at school charging £2.50 for a shop I was doing for £8. Yet I have domestic customers I have had for years despite numerous canvassers and leafletters. So if a shop asks now I say no thanks, can't be bothered with the hassle of Parking access etc. But that's just me [emoji23]

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Have to say, personally I dont bother with shops anymore. Find they have no loyalty. As they are in retail a very competitive business they will happily drop you for a cheaper price. I've had 3 shops n my whole time and lost everyone to undercutting, one to a girl still at school charging £2.50 for a shop I was doing for £8. Yet I have domestic customers I have had for years despite numerous canvassers and leafletters. So if a shop asks now I say no thanks, can't be bothered with the hassle of Parking access etc. But that's just me [emoji23]

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app
Same here I've had shops and pubs over the years and they've never shown loyalty, they would rather pay peanuts for a poor job.

Give me domestics anytime they appreciate if you do a good job, and are happy to pay a good price for it.

And going back to pubs I used to do them before the smoking ban, what a pain they were nicotine on your applicator an scrim.

Dear god, some of the dives I did[emoji20]

Back