Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

30psi shurflo pump for pole system??

Hi all,

I have a 12v 30psi shurflo pump, will it work with a pole system or do I need 100psi.

Many thanks 

No it won't. It will be a caravan water supply pump and not suitable for use in our industry imho.

The early wfp Shurflo pumps were 65psi used with 1/2" supply hose. Once we started using mini and microbore hose Shurflo upped the pressure to 100psi as 65psi didn't cover all the 'bases'.

Caravan supply pumps are usually 7lpm to give an ample supply of water to the tap or shower head.

Wfp mainly use Shurflo 5lpm pumps which is enough for 2 x 2mm jets at the brush head.

No it won't. It will be a caravan water supply pump and not suitable for use in our industry imho.

The early wfp Shurflo pumps were 65psi used with 1/2" supply hose. Once we started using mini and microbore hose Shurflo upped the pressure to 100psi as 65psi didn't cover all the 'bases'.

Caravan supply pumps are usually 7lpm to give an ample supply of water to the tap or shower head.

Wfp mainly use Shurflo 5lpm pumps which is enough for 2 x 2mm jets at the brush head.

Cheers Spruce!

All I need to know

I use 60-70 psi 5lpm pumps.  The reason I do this is because I use a trolley and wanted to make it as light as possible and I can get a solid day's use out of a 12v 7ah battery.  This configuration is 1/4 of the weight of the standard Surflo pump and 26ah battery combo that came fitted as standard to my trolley.

I work with 5.5mm ID PU pole hose in one of two lengths. 17 mtr or 26 mtr depending on what work I'm doing.

However, I notice the difference in output when working with the longer hose.  It's still more than I need at full flow, but demonstrates what spruce said about using long lengths of smaller bore hose.  

When we had 65psi pumps we had 2 hose reels of 1/2" garden hose. One had 30 meters and the other had 40 meters. We joined them together on occasion when we needed extra length. A 65psi pump worked fine with that hose. But 100m of meters of mini and microbore were game changes as far as wfp was concerned, but a 65psi pump didn't always cut the mustard. Then as if it was planned, 100psi pumps miraculously appeared on the scene.

I'm pretty certain that they were actually identical pumps so all they did was change the pressure switch spring. Some have actually adjusted the p/s back to cutoff at a lower pressure using the adjusting screw on top of the pressure switch housing.

Yeah. The pumps I use are rated at 115psi and can't be adjusted. So I cut the springs down by about 2mm which reduces the cut-off pressure down to about 60-70psi which works perfect for me.  It also means they shut off quickly when operating the Univalve rather than building loads of unwanted pressure and wasting power.

Back