Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Garden fence softwash

I came seriously close to blinding myself windowsurfer posted pics some time back. 

A friend managed to spend 5 hours in A@E with tubes inserted under his eye lids with his eyelids taped shut after a hose popped under pressure. 

I have also posted pics of hypo and bio burns I have endured on this forum before.

I see your touch of saecasim but as I dont know you, have never worked with you and therefore have no idea if your skills and ability I am not going to just give out recepies to seriously dangerous solutions. (By 'you' I mean any user on here I dont know personally) 

As for friends sharing info with me?? No mate.  I got one friend and he's a plumber!  What I know comes from hundreds of hours of reasearch, thousands of pounds on vaeious training courses and dozens and dozens of jobs of trial and error. 

So sure why not?  Here's the key...

If you truly want to know what I know (which isnt much) put in the time and you will get there. 

I wrote a post once before saying I wouldnt give any advice on the use of hazardous chemicals as I dont want to be liable for possibly blinding, or worse, someone I dont even know. 

It's also the very toxic nature of this game that makes me cringe every time someone without a clue says 'oh just chuck some hypo on it'  

If they had half a clue they wouldnt offer such John Wayne advice..

Hope that helps clear up why I dont just hand out my recepies. 

I would have inserted a thumbs up emoticon here but I cant find it. :(

I came seriously close to blinding myself windowsurfer posted pics some time back. 

A friend managed to spend 5 hours in A@E with tubes inserted under his eye lids with his eyelids taped shut after a hose popped under pressure. 

I have also posted pics of hypo and bio burns I have endured on this forum before.

I see your touch of saecasim but as I dont know you, have never worked with you and therefore have no idea if your skills and ability I am not going to just give out recepies to seriously dangerous solutions. (By 'you' I mean any user on here I dont know personally) 

As for friends sharing info with me?? No mate.  I got one friend and he's a plumber!  What I know comes from hundreds of hours of reasearch, thousands of pounds on vaeious training courses and dozens and dozens of jobs of trial and error. 

If you truly want to know what I know (which isnt much) put in the time and you will get there. 

I wrote a post once before saying I wouldnt give any advice on the use of hazardous chemicals as I dont want to be liable for possibly blinding, or worse, someone I dont even know. 

It's also the very toxic nature of this game that makes me cringe every time someone without a clue says 'oh just chuck some hypo on it'  

Hi Green. Wasnt being sarcastic in anyway. Im jealous in a nice way of you knowing what your doing n wish u were my pal. Ive been trying to find out info, but end up watching the american you tube stuff.
Im very much about working safely n thats what puts me off soft washing, as if it goes wrong, its drastic for the user or passerby e.g.burns.
Would love to do a course, but it would have to be someone that is well up in their knowledge.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

[mention=1078]windowsurfer[/mention]
It's just a case of research
Loads of info on nasw forum and fb groups
Pm me your fb name and I'll add you in some
Hi Dave b. Thanks for the info. I dont do facebook, as of yet, the forum is my facebook thing. Will google the nasw forum, thanks.

your advice is the reason why I avoid hypo unless its absolutely necessary, and even then looking like I'm in a nuclear war (full army nbc gear with white coveralls over the top) . Not worth the risk.

Hi Green. Wasnt being sarcastic in anyway. Im jealous in a nice way of you knowing what your doing n wish u were my pal. Ive been trying to find out info, but end up watching the american you tube stuff.
Im very much about working safely n thats what puts me off soft washing, as if it goes wrong, its drastic for the user or passerby e.g.burns.
Would love to do a course, but it would have to be someone that is well up in their knowledge.

@Green Pro Clean Ltd can point you in the right direction for proper training

Nice job looking good , must say though that Ime shocked with the lack of Ppe you said that you got hypo in your eyes and ended up in hospital looking at this video it's easy to see why ,you have always been very safety contious with your advice which is good but the video doesn't show that in real life , all that mist /vapour as well breathing that in won't do you any good , why not use a course spray ? That will reduce the misting by about 80%+ also the overspray with the neighbors property ? Hope they weren't in the garden or had any washing out ?? ???? this isn't having a go but it does look a bit slap dash just like our American friends , bare arms, no respiratory protection, or eye protection , skin will absorbed any chemical which will then enter the body causing a number of ailments , in my early days of using hypo I did exactly the same but very quickly suffered a number of symptoms that were very unpleasant, now using ppe this is a thing of the past , however still don't like using hypo but for quick lasting results it's hard to find anything better . 

If @Green Pro Clean Ltd has spent thousands on professional courses in the past he should requesy his money back from those courses as anyone with any idea about doing this professionally would not be dressed like the guy in the video with no ppe. Especially someone who claims to have been nearly blinded in the past!! Coming on a forum like this where others want to learn from people showing that as an example of using chemicals is at best unproffesional more like stupid

The day you all start wearing PPE to use a bittle of Domestos to clean your kitchen counter is the day that I will wear PPE when using this particular mix. 

Yep I am a big advovate of PPE. 

Yep I am also no longer sharing info cause whilst I know hiw to make this mix at less than the active content of a bottle of spray Domestos which is just 1%. 

HOWEVER - if I were to share my mix there would be some idiot that would ignore the hypo proportion in the age old misnoma that more is better and do them selves harm. 

No I dont need a refund, my training has paid for itself many tines over and continues to do so. 

But hey... thanks for hating...  and just a side note but the only thing 'amateur' here is your use of the English language.  Amateurs do things for passion or love not for fininacial gain or reward.  

I'm always well rewarded for my work. 

Its all in the mix of the chemical, i gathered that, n it must be how the usa guys dont mind if its windy n the stuff is blown away in the wind, or they would be getting into a lawsuit all the time.
Must be quite a weak SH mix, but as alot being sprayed concentrated on an area it builds up n does the cleaning n the mist that drifts away is obviously practically harmless, as its so weak n dispersed widely, so has no impact on whatever it lands on.
Am i close? Thats why no ppe is required, as americans just were ordinary clothes.

Its all in the mix of the chemical, i gathered that, n it must be how the usa guys dont mind if its windy n the stuff is blown away in the wind, or they would be getting into a lawsuit all the time.
Must be quite a weak SH mix, but as alot being sprayed concentrated on an area it builds up n does the cleaning n the mist that drifts away is obviously practically harmless, as its so weak n dispersed widely, so has no impact on whatever it lands on.
Am i close? Thats why no ppe is required, as americans just were ordinary clothes.

The particular mix i use on fascias etc is not gonna do me any harm without ppe

Did some the other day and the customer was very worried about her shrubs which i had already soaked with water

I sprayed my mix directly on my hand to show it wasn't harmfull

Yes i did rinse my hand immediately after as i don't want the chemicals staying on there but it proved the point 

If i was doing a patio for example i would have the correct ppe for the job

Some jobs appropriate ppe just means clothes and eye protection.. sometimes it is full all over protection and respirator but i wouldn't recommend to others to work without ppe

That needs to be an informed decision made by the individual doing the job

Last edited by a moderator:
The day you all start wearing PPE to use a bittle of Domestos to clean your kitchen counter is the day that I will wear PPE when using this particular mix. 

Yep I am a big advovate of PPE. 

Yep I am also no longer sharing info cause whilst I know hiw to make this mix at less than the active content of a bottle of spray Domestos which is just 1%. 

HOWEVER - if I were to share my mix there would be some idiot that would ignore the hypo proportion in the age old misnoma that more is better and do them selves harm. 

No I dont need a refund, my training has paid for itself many tines over and continues to do so. 

But hey... thanks for hating...  and just a side note but the only thing 'amateur' here is your use of the English language.  Amateurs do things for passion or love not for fininacial gain or reward.  

I'm always well rewarded for my work. 

If you think this is hate you are a  very sensitive person @Green Pro Clean Ltd As others have said it's an opinion maybe not one you agree with however but if it upsets you people not agreeing with the way you are working posting videos on forums like this is not the best idea. Also it looks a bit silly when you talk about people's English when your response has errors in it lol  ? 

Last edited by a moderator:
Comments are not meant to cause offence, but Evan a week hypo mix with all that spray mist should not be inhaled it will cause hardening of the lung walls and is corrosive and an irritant , particularly if you are doing this type of work day in day out try running that video by the hse and see how they view it 

Comments are not meant to cause offence, but Evan a week hypo mix with all that spray mist should not be inhaled it will cause hardening of the lung walls and is corrosive and an irritant , particularly if you are doing this type of work day in day out try running that video by the hse and see how they view it 
Spot on mate

Back