Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

And he charges her!!

Must be a tradder lol

Only joking.. that is terrible.. don't know how they have the cheek to ask for money after a job like that

There is more to a window than a piece of glass Halton. 

And yes @Dave B he's trad!
Yes i agree but you have done all the upvc gutters etc

but as you know some window cleaners only clean the glass only and charge for that service.

i agree it looks a mess but lets say the window cleaner who left it like that only charged £10 would you clean all that green off for that price.

looks good though did you hypo it?

I ahree Halton however that bathroom window has no gutters or soffits and all the windows were like that. 

The fella I learnt from when I started out taught me windows, frames, sills and doors. So to me that's the standard. Anything less is inconcievable. 

If I were her regular windy I would point out the conditiin when taking the job and add a first clean surcharge. 

And no... no hypo or bios... this was my own special brew. :) 

I ahree Halton however that bathroom window has no gutters or soffits and all the windows were like that. 

The fella I learnt from when I started out taught me windows, frames, sills and doors. So to me that's the standard. Anything less is inconcievable. 

If I were her regular windy I would point out the conditiin when taking the job and add a first clean surcharge. 

I was taught like that when i was working saturdays and school holidays way back when in the days of brass squeegees and scrim

A window is everything with the name window in it

Frame, pane and sill

To not clean them is not proper window. Cleaning

I have a "special brew" also for jobs like that

Not disclosing it though lol

When I started out trad I never really did the frames but would give them a quick wipe over once in a while but in all that time my clients windows never looked to bad and would never be left to look like that shoddy job totally appalling.

Gees they were all the same.
You say if you was her regular cleaner you would point it out.
So are you now not her regular cleaner if not the other cleaner has surly got it easy and must keep up with the frames at least.
Quick question to you and davyboy you both say your own brew of chemicals so if anything was to go wrong with using them.will your insurance cover you as when I had a quote for my renewal Which was not with gleaming they asked if it was off the shelf chemicals as if not I would not be covered that's why i didn't go with them.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Gees they were all the same.
You say if you was her regular cleaner you would point it out.
So are you now not her regular cleaner if not the other cleaner has surly got it easy and must keep up with the frames at least.
Quick question to you and davyboy you both say your own brew of chemicals so if anything was to go wrong with using them.will your insurance cover you as when I had a quote for my renewal Which was not with gleaming they asked if it was off the shelf chemicals as if not I would not be covered that's why i didn't go with them.

I use off the shelf chemicals.. just mixed how i want them lol

Dave B special brew cough "spray bottle and hypo mix 3%ish"
If I am wrong I will be gutted spend hours reading the posts on hear for hints and tips.

I do use a little hypo in my mix for those sort of jobs

Also some other stuff and surfactant

I found a way to boost hypo thus cutting down dwell time but it also makes a very weak mix (1%) very effective on upvc

I did a lot of research to work it out

I did this fascia with 1% hypo mix sprayed on from the ground with my own diy setup and rinsed after 5 minutes

Screenshot_20170718-175910.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I use off the shelf chemicals.. just mixed how i want them lol
Hi Dave yes I guessed you did that and prob green pro as well but are you mixing chemicals together with one another if so this would not be classed as off the shelf according to the insurance broker but if I just used ubik it would be ok but not ubick mixed with anything else as you have altered the off shelf product
Just be careful that's all I'm saying as you know insurance try getting out of paying out.

How did it not stain the grey roofs ?

Because it is such a weak mix and i know what i am doing  :1f602: :1f602:

The roof on the right is plastic and the lead one on the left was soaked before and then re soaked while the chemical dwelled on the fascia

Same with the shrubs underneath

Quick soak first and after

I've posted it elsewhere already but this conny was done the same way

Spotless job 

20170614_112101.jpg

20170614_112111.jpg

Anyway i have diverted off the original post now

Time to get back on track

I know with hypo to soak with water first and after but I just heard it can still stain isn't that why think there called aims on hear sell a product for staining lead ?

Because it is such a weak mix and i know what i am doing /emoticons/1f602.png:1f602:

The roof on the right is plastic and the lead one on the left was soaked before and then re soaked while the chemical dwelled on the fascia
Same with the shrubs underneath
Quick soak first and after
I've posted it elsewhere already but this conny was done the same way
Spotless job 

View attachment 10744
View attachment 10745
Anyway i have diverted off the original post now
Time to get back on track
Agreed [emoji6]

Latest Posts

Back