Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Damaged brodex pole

Hi guys and girls, I know the company and their poles are not the best, but I recently started up on my own and had to buy cheap. So these hardly used second hand poles were ideal. Basically I bent my 37ft pole slightly closing a window. I think It must of already of being slightly damaged as it didnt use much pressure. Tried to bend it back straight and kinked it.

Anyone any ideas/tips on how to fix it?
69f4ab95e5a7e0b945a35f0d1303b768.jpg
b9b9eb7b00e4da4ccdda7d559308b22d.jpg

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Apart from forcing another tube down to hope it pops out like a dent would i reckon your stuck bud, im based in devon and have a brodex 35 you can have - it needs the clamps replacing but you could just switch it with the bits you already have

As an alterantive a gardiners CLX is the best £150 you will spend for a cheaper pole you will also find you work quicker than with them horrible vilkan brushes  

I think its knackered. Get a hybrid pole (clx, barracuda, something like that). I cant remember who on here said it but turn you pole upside down and use bottom of pole to close windows, bigger& thicker sections so lot less likely to break

Yeh iv been using gardiners for the last 2 years with the company I used to work for and wouldn't recommend anything else, best poles in my opinion but somone offered me a 22 &35 brodex that were basically brand new for £50.

Cheers for the offer ash but I'm based in Leeds would be a bit of a drive!

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

My plan was to take it to a panel basher and see if he has any ideas.

Iv taken the dented sections off the top and slotted my 22ft pole into the remaining sections so iv got a solution for the mean time. Not ideal though. I'm used to a nice light weight gardiner slimline 35

Yeah of course give me a heads up closer to the time, - i will dig it out and let you know what condition its in after tje weekend

Back