Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.

Gooseneck to pole strife

Had a toil this afternoon changing pole hose.

It was a struggle taking the goose neck adaptor and two of us carefully pulling and prising until eventually it came apart.

I just gave it a rinse and dry before pushing the whole thing together (which wasn't easy)I know it's a bit late and WD-40 is a no no but can any of you folks recommend a lubricant the next time round?

As above sand it down their is some raised lines on them I totally sanded them flat on mine never stuck since. I had to clamp mine in my neighbours bench vice to get it out before that.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Cheers I'll do that, we had a tug of war getting it apart and I bruised my backside on the table when it finally came free.

I'm sure I've seen a screwfit on one type of pole. I've wondered if it would have been an improvement on the current design.

I'm sure I read somewhere that Alex said (he may correct me here) that they swell when soaked for long periods, which seems to fit with the fact that they fit fine when new, then you can't get them out when they've been in use for a while.  Sanding them down as explained above was the way I dealt with the problem and they've been no trouble since.

1 hour ago, Marko067 said:

I'm sure I read somewhere that Alex said (he may correct me here) that they swell when soaked for long periods, which seems to fit with the fact that they fit fine when new, then you can't get them out when they've been in use for a while.  Sanding them down as explained above was the way I dealt with the problem and they've been no trouble since.

You wouldn't believe it can would you?

http://www.intechpower.com/blog/bid/48151/Moisture-Absorption-Swelling-in-Nylons-except-Cast-Nylon-12 

Also

http://www.plasticsmag.com/ta.asp?aid=3786

Edited by spruce
  • Like 3

Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.