Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How many domestics a month?

D

Delboy

Just wondering how many houses you guys do a month?

Obviously everyone is different just want a rough idea on what i should be eventually aiming at.

Im still in the early planning stages, but doing the sums im suprised just how many customers you need to make a good living.

Forget numbers as that varies on area and size. What you need to target is hourly rate. North East if you achieve £30 an hour you're doing well 
Didnt think of it like that.

Was just thinking 3 bed houses, £10 a pop ?

Depends.

That's the simple answer

Personally the figure I always had in my head that I wanted from day 1 was 300 monthly customers a month at an average price of £12. Which is 15 a day x 12 equals 180 a day. 

That was just my aim at the begining in don't really know why lol just seemed a good target

How many are you at now? I'm in the same situation as Delboy. Looking to start up a round using WFP. But it's hard trying to work it out in your head.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

How many are you at now? I'm in the same situation as Delboy. Looking to start up a round using WFP. But it's hard trying to work it out in your head.

Tricky isnt it. 

Its hard to imagine being able to get 300 customers.

Ive not canvassed or anything yet just got 5 family members within 5 mins of each other that want theres doing when im up and running, oh and the wifes mate....only 294 to go ?

Will need quite a few flyers id imagine.

Flyers are a waste of money these days people get loads through their doors, Fully uniformed and get knocking on doors yields far better results.

Flyers are a waste of money these days people get loads through their doors, Fully uniformed and get knocking on doors yields far better results.
I concur with this! I moved area and bought a round to get me going, around 150 customers. I had thousands of flyers printed up to build the round up cos I hated the idea of knocking. Last year I maybe picked up 20 customers from 1000 flyers which is decent going. This year whenever I have picked up a new house in a new area I leafleted, not had one enquiry this year. Still got 2000 of the things kicking about. Finally pulled my finger out and did some knocking and yielded much better results. That plus online and social media.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Did you guys use a canvassing company? I can get one locally to do 1000 leaflets for less the £50 designed and delivered if they do it whilst on a route. Or £100.00 for 1000 if for me only.

Did you guys use a canvassing company? I can get one locally to do 1000 leaflets for less the £50 designed and delivered if they do it whilst on a route. Or £100.00 for 1000 if for me only.

I didn't use a company either just got myself out there and knocked the doors. If all they are going to do for £50 is post leaflets imo you probably won't get much business from 1000 of them.

I paid a guy years ago to do a leaflet drop of over 2,000 pretty sure they didn't all get delivered as I never got 1 call.

Getting out knocking on doors let's the client see who will be cleaning their windows and you get to sell yourself a little. I have been in this game over 17 years and door knocking is by far the best option and it only costs you time not money.

Been doing this 26 years now and knocking doors works best for a quick influx of work.. the problem is you also get the 1 clean wonders and the ones who change their mind so put 10 new jobs on for the day and possibly lose 3

Social media is great as people are actively looking for a window cleaner so you tend to get more reliable customers

Thanks guys. Is it worth setting up website or just use Facebook ?

Ps... Thanks for the feedback on flyers. Just went and got Sunday paper and before anything else took the leaflets out and put them in the bin. Think that speaks volumes [emoji3]

Thanks guys. Is it worth setting up website or just use Facebook ?

Ps... Thanks for the feedback on flyers. Just went and got Sunday paper and before anything else took the leaflets out and put them in the bin. Think that speaks volumes
emoji3.png

Yeah get a site done, where do people go for something they need... google. Do both, facebook and a website. 

About 270 i think, not far to go...

And yes its hard, in total ive probably cleaned 600 customers, 1 step forward 2 back at times, but as long as you have a target and keep going towards in no matter what you will get there.

I now pay for all my canvassing, the only other thing i do is post on facebook. I have a website also but thats not a great return.

Rather than start a new thread;

If i bought the gardiners v3 backpack to diy mount to a trolley, but wanted to extend the hose to say 20mtrs what hose and fittings would i need?

There are so many its really confusing ?

When you buy a pole do you have the option of different fittings or is there a standard one?

Just use pole hose it will be easier to manage, Depending on what size pole you are buying a 30 metre coil of the bright green pole hose should be enough. Make sure to order a ez snap hose tail and O clip which are on the same page as pole hose. Along with a ez snap end stop for your backpack.

Back