Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

The legality of window cleaning

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Whereas anyone where i am can grab a ladder and bucket and work away to their hearts content

That is probably why there are so many dodgy ones about who can't get employment elsewhere due to criminal record etc

They need to introduce the licencing across england and wales might help slow down the unregistered , beer money, benefit dodging, undercutting window cleaners about :(

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Oh you'd think that. It happens here in Scotland. Customers simply just don't care or just don't know. I'v took over some work from a unregistered window cleaner and he's scratched the glass off every house in a "new" build area.

Yeah sucks fixing unregistered guys work and sucks more trying to build legitimate business with so many of them ground

Just out of curiosity then do you have to provide much to get a licence for window cleaning up in Scotland ????

Do u prove self employed or a business registration ??

Insurance proof ??

Or is it a simple process

Rouge traders in every job, scottish window cleaners are the only workers that require a license n police check, that i know off.
I got a new house, asked the guy what he worked at, policeman, he wasnt even aware of the licensing.
Got asked the other day for a new job, she asked if i was licensed n insured, it was for a buisness, showed her my license. I think its good, as long as its backed up by the authorities.

To get a "registered licence" in my area was straight forward. Have insurance already and have a background check. Oh and also pay £42.00 (it's around that).

It's actually a great conversation starter. You just show the badge and they automatically think you work on behalf of the council. Times I don't correct them because it can just confuse people but I do state I'm licenced and Insured.

Latest Posts

Back