Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Warning about damage to glass

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Steve E

Hello all.

I'm a trad window cleaner just starting back after 20 years away (not in prison!) I i am enjoying  my work .good time of year to start!

I have targeted bungalows but realise I need to take on some 1st floor work. I am avoiding ladders for safety reasons. I am a bit bewildered by the options out there.

In a nutshell what is the best value system to enable me to use trad squeegee on a pole to 1st floor level? Is this effective?

I don't want to go down the water fed system route.

Any advice much appreciated.

Hello all.

I'm a trad window cleaner just starting back after 20 years away (not in prison!) I i am enjoying  my work .good time of year to start!

I have targeted bungalows but realise I need to take on some 1st floor work. I am avoiding ladders for safety reasons. I am a bit bewildered by the options out there.

In a nutshell what is the best value system to enable me to use trad squeegee on a pole to 1st floor level? Is this effective?

I don't want to go down the water fed system route.

Any advice much appreciated.
What are the 'safety reasons'  for not using ladders?

What are the 'safety reasons'  for not using ladders?
Sorry this is a post from a couple of months ago that I resent in error. I have now got a couple of jobs which I my end to use a ladder. I am just wary of ladder slipping. I am going to purchase some feet for my 2 section ladder and take it steady. I have tried moerman pole as suggested by trad man and others but am not too confident. Thought it was ok till I checked from inside. This has led me to now think I will still concentrate on bungalows but take on selective ladder work.

Sorry this is a post from a couple of months ago that I resent in error. I have now got a couple of jobs which I my end to use a ladder. I am just wary of ladder slipping. I am going to purchase some feet for my 2 section ladder and take it steady. I have tried moerman pole as suggested by trad man and others but am not too confident. Thought it was ok till I checked from inside. This has led me to now think I will still concentrate on bungalows but take on selective ladder work.
If you are going to rely on bungalows, you won't get much work, after all, people in bungalows will do their own. Ladders are perfectly safe if you use them properly, if you have never been on a ladder before then it is bound to be un-nerving, but you'll get used to it, just don't rush it.

trad pole top windows is not idel to be fair  it takes time to get used to ladders once u have masterd ladder skills and are confident u wont even think about it , or u could just get a back pack and wfp tops insted !!

trad pole top windows is not idel to be fair  it takes time to get used to ladders once u have masterd ladder skills and are confident u wont even think about it , or u could just get a back pack and wfp tops insted !!
with practice using a pole can be mastered and is faster and safer than ladders. i now earn around 25% more after becoming proficient at pole work

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

If you are going to rely on bungalows, you won't get much work, after all, people in bungalows will do their own. Ladders are perfectly safe if you use them properly, if you have never been on a ladder before then it is bound to be un-nerving, but you'll get used to it, just don't rush it.
As a tradder for 24 years before going wfp/trad i am 100% confident on ladders but to say they are perfectly safe is not true

They are intrinsically dangerous as 1 mistake or bad footing or even gust of wind can have you off

Only ever had 1 fall which resulted in a month off work but that 1 fall could have been the end

Latest Posts

Back