Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Which numpties?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

P

philb

Which other numpties like myself are out working in this?

to make things even better my waterproof trousers don't seem to be so waterproof - but maybe that's due to the amount of rain and I actually need some fisherman rubber dungarees 

On/off drizzle I press on but if it's persistent I leave it, not worth the bother from the odd customer and basically had enough of getting drenched through over the years, I just leave it until another day.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Been on the glass since 8am doing a school it's lashing down, Just having a sarnie then put on my second waterproof coat and back to it.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app
Ah commercial work can get away with it but mostly on houses if it's heavy I leave it although I used to do a block of flats and gutter clean on the whole place as well and got soaked doing that once to the point of just having to laugh about it.

You would be sacked if you did mine in this weather.
My customers all know i work all weathers

They have the rain guarantee that any problems i will come back

Rain doesn't affect this job whatsoever

Done it for 26 years trad and wfp and never had a complaint about my work due to the weather

Been on the glass since 8am doing a school it's lashing down, Just having a sarnie then put on my second waterproof coat and back to it.

Same with us.

Unfortunately for us, the school we clean is hosting a wedding this weekend and we have had to pull out the stops to get the internals and externals done they want. So I was working in the pouring rain this morning.

We got a break in the weather at lunch time and the windows have dried perfectly.

I did get a head start by starting the job on Saturday all day and Sunday morning this past weekend which was a help. I'm an external key holder so that made it possible.

To make it worse we are working around a lot of trades people all under pressure to have their jobs completed on time as well. So we 'trip' over each other from time to time.

Normally, I wouldn't work in this.

Last edited by a moderator:
@spruce Schools are a funny thing sometimes you're their cleaning windows then someone rolls up and starts with a stihl saw because of ground works etc  :1f602:  and they were going to be their a few days, Thankfully this time their was no outside workers and the internals aren't due till December.

I was due to clean the job 2 days ago but re-scheduled it for today as I knew heavy rain was more likely, So had a good earning day despite the rain and still managed to squeeze in a few houses.

forcast for rain all day,so just went with the flow.

Just chilled in morning then surprise surprise sun came out and managed to get out this afternoon.Done first clean big house

finshed at 6.30.Pays of to get out when it clears,I dont have to be grafting in the heavy rain

@spruce Schools are a funny thing sometimes you're their cleaning windows then someone rolls up and starts with a stihl saw because of ground works etc  :1f602:  and they were going to be their a few days, Thankfully this time their was no outside workers and the internals aren't due till December.

I was due to clean the job 2 days ago but re-scheduled it for today as I knew heavy rain was more likely, So had a good earning day despite the rain and still managed to squeeze in a few houses.

:1f603: The favourite one at this school is the pressure washer. It always seems to come out just after we have cleaned the ground floor windows.

Decided yesterday I was going to take today off due to the bad forecast.

It's also due rain from tomorrow lunchtime, so I'll be out early doors and crack on all day

through the rain because my vans booked in for service on Friday.

I've not missed any work in months since changing to WFP so I'm not to concerned

about missing a bit and I'll be off on my hols next week, so hopefully get a bit of sun on

my back.

did a job in pouring down rain this morning and it was a right mess, soon as id rinsed it off more bits got slapped back on.

Gave in and went home then back out this afternoon for a bit in sunshine, got to re do the job i did first thing as it was a mess so waste of time in heavy rain imo.

Once your using the wfp just crack on regardless, like it's been said 100s of times the rain Does Not make a difference to the finish, 

get reading about it to educate yourself & then educate your customers, next time it's raining and your at home go and clean your own Windows and then wait for the results.

You would be sacked if you did mine in this weather.

good job I don't clean yours then cos I worked all day today - would probably give it a miss if so bad but a the sec I don't have the flexibility to miss a day. 

I have to say after the initial period of discovering my trousers weren't water proof and getting used to it I was fine, ddint mind working in the rain and none of my customers did either - had a few first cleans and all the jobs seemed ok.

Nicky get what your saying

we all now you can clean windows when its lashing down

the thing is,in my opinion a customer who is paying top dollar wont be happy if its pxssing down rain running down the windows

then your going to take money of them ,they are going to be no happy

light rain ok, but when the forcast is telling you its going to be rain all day ,there is no way I,m doing my cream graft to loose any over bad weather.WFP is that quick you can rattle the graft out when its dry

Once your using the wfp just crack on regardless, like it's been said 100s of times the rain Does Not make a difference to the finish, 

get reading about it to educate yourself & then educate your customers, next time it's raining and your at home go and clean your own Windows and then wait for the results.

Heavy rain will make a mess of the windows if it's bouncing off sills,running down walls etc. Especially if there's wind thrown into the mix. 

I'm sure we are all aware light rain and drizzle doesn't cause a problem but there is a point where it does cause a problem. 

Without a doubt if rain is lashing against the windows I won't do houses or even regular commercial clients, Schools are a different ball game as mentioned before,  I have been 2/3's of the way through one and the rain started and it was almost coming at me sideways with the wind 

Back