Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

commercial price rise advice please

simon

i have 2 blocks of flats done for the same agency that i think should go up but i've no idea if there's a standard % rise or if its just guess work they're still fairly good earners i just think they should go up a bit 

block 1 done for 5 yrs  2 monthly at £100

block 2 done for 3 yrs monthly at £110

tia

I know I will get criticised for this but when you say fairly good earners are you talking £100 for 2 hours, 3 hours or more. If you're doing 2 hours work and grossing £100 is it really worthwhile risking the job being put out to tender? I would be a bit sick to lose £600 for the sake of £60. If however they take you 4 hours then I think you should at least get the same for each block and a £20 and £10 rise would be what I would ask. Again it depends on your circumstances and relationship with the agency.

When I put my prices up I sent an email asking for feedback as they had been good loyal customers, but after 5 years I needed to raise the price. Only 1 slightly objected but that was a £10 rise on a £30 job.

roughly they take about  an hour and about  an hour and a half for 2 of us so actually im happy with that, its just ive put a lot of my domestics up £1 and most £2 in the last 2 weeks  and i think i'm getting carried away a bit, everthing ive got seems too low lol and these have never been put up because when i got them i was on my own and using a backpack so they took a lot longer than they do now so as i got faster the price improved 

think ive got my answer, they're ok for now,  cheers 

roughly they take about  an hour and about  an hour and a half for 2 of us so actually im happy with that, its just ive put a lot of my domestics up £1 and most £2 in the last 2 weeks  and i think i'm getting carried away a bit, everthing ive got seems too low lol and these have never been put up because when i got them i was on my own and using a backpack so they took a lot longer than they do now so as i got faster the price improved 

think ive got my answer, they're ok for now,  cheers 
It's always tempting to milk the golden cow, but not usually wise to try to.

Back