Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

every 2 weeks or ever 4 weeks

slipknot

Hey guys was wondering while you are starting i have been doing it for some years with a partner but have now gone solo i was wondering are you guys offering every 2 weeks or every 4 weekly cleans ?

thanks for that i used to do every 4 weeks but with only having a few custys i currently charge a bit less every 2 weeks but it actually works out better then once i have enough custys i switch up and explain 

monthly for me only a few want 2 weeks  . had a customer who wanted every week , I said ill be happy to take your money but honestly once a month is fine .anyway settled on 2 weeks lol 

Hey guys was wondering while you are starting i have been doing it for some years with a partner but have now gone solo i was wondering are you guys offering every 2 weeks or every 4 weekly cleans ?
When I first started it was two weeks, like everyone else, but sometimes there were times when I had been on the Friday and then on the Tuesday the next time, which, obviously people thought too much. So I decided that I would hike my prices up, but change to three weeks, so on the year they were paying less, but I was getting more as I had plenty of work. Some years later after I had left and come back again, everyone was doing four weeks, but prices had gone up a lot. So I ran at four weeks for the next 8 or 10 years. After a time I had so much work that I again went to five weeks, which I stick to now, because through experience I consider five weeks long enough for domestic work and don't do longer unless there is a good reason. Having said that, I do several small villages, and do them at six and seven weeks (because they are horrible windows and it suits me!!).

80% of mine are every 2 weeks rest are every 4 , don't even entertain if they ask other I.e 8 weeks or more

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Mostly do 5 weeks was 4 weeks but now work 4 weeks and then have a week off. in caravan No mortgage ,No kids at home, No worries,
I do monthly but have work booked the first 4 weeks of the month

Not many 4 week months so i usually get a few doss days each month

I do monthly but have work booked the first 4 weeks of the month

Not many 4 week months so i usually get a few doss days each month
One of the reasons I changed to five weeks is that it is not connected to months, as months vary. if people ask me when I'm due next I just say 'five weeks',  it's so much easier.

One of the reasons I changed to five weeks is that it is not connected to months, as months vary. if people ask me when I'm due next I just say 'five weeks',  it's so much easier.
The problem with that is with bad weather it can run into 6 weeks. I say 4-5 weeks 

I now only offer a monthly service. Am not taking 2 monthly they just take up space that could be filled with a mothly. No one offs either not keen on first cleans so if I do have to do them I want regular work out of it. I would rather spend any spare time at the end of the month knocking doors to find regular monthly customers than doing one off work. It pays off in the long run. You end up with a strong round and to about 95% know what your going to earn. But it's hard when your starting out. And you take what you can and as you start to earn and you rep gets better you can pick and choose a little more

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I tell them it's a monthly round when everything is running smoothly, but can be longer depending on weather etc. By specifying monthly I am telling them that I will not be back before the month has passed. By leaving it open ended I am not tied down to the round, that way I can take good opportunities as and when they come along. Gutter jobs, pressure washing, etc. When I run late, it's a bit of a bonus for them as they save a bit, so they don't care so long as I'm not too long.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it. Advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website.

Our website also relies on advertising to keep the doors open and the lights on!

For the best site experience, please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock