Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Water proofs

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Nicky

What do you guys wear, I am wearing fishing gear two piece flotation suite. Nice and warm in winter and keeps the rain &a wind out. 

Shorts and T shirt for pretty much every day.  Bit of water never hurt anyone . Having said that my quest for a decent pair of fully waterproof gloves continues. Every pair I have had end up saturated half way through the day so any recommendations there would be helpful. 

Last edited:
My skin is waterproof, played rugby in all sorts of weather so a bit of rain ain't going to bother me fully clothed. 
That is exactly how i think

Shorts and tshirt at the moment even in the rain

You dry off quicker with less layers on

Playing 2nd row with hailstones coming down sideways toughens you up lol

Really don't see the point of waterproof trousers not enough pockets for a start, I wear shorts all year round as cotton trousers the bottoms get wet then the damp travels up to your knees in no time so shorts are best. 

As for waterproof jackets I have recently bought a decent dewalt jacket nice and lightweight from a local supplier for £50.00 useless after wearing 3 times so going to spray with Fabsil Gold (Which is usually used for awnings and convertible car hoods)  through a 1ltr pressure sprayer this weekend so will update in due course. 

Shorts and T shirt for pretty much every day.  Bit of water never hurt anyone . Having said that my quest for a decent pair of fully waterproof gloves continues. Every pair I have had end up saturated half way through the day so any recommendations there would be helpful. 
Tesco sell a black rubber glove for £3 ish, put a pair of merino wool gloves on then the Tesco gloves. Dry and warm hands whatever the weather. Merino gloves are thin and light, and look like a pair of cheap gloves, but at around £25 a pair, they really are the bees knees. Also keep warm when wet, that's why sheep ? wear them!

Back